Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USE OF STAGE BLOOD
I noticed that Claus the Centurio of the Opladen contingent used stage blood when we displayed with them at Marles this year. last week at Old Sarum I accidentally cut my face which bled out of all proportion to the injury. This seemed to be enjoyed by the public who took even more pics than usual of my ugly mug.
Do others use stage blood in their displays and if so should we all use it more to please our public?
Quod imperatum fuerit facimus et ad omnem tesseram parati erimus
We're planning to use it on a couple of shows, but these are shows with a main theme, where we can take a shower afterwards, as most time we have to do another show or display later on the day.

These are our gladiator kids show and for instance the slavesmarket.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Salve,

Britannia use it by the bucket-load, especially when slitting throats. Any of their members here?

Vale,

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
not sure if its much relevance to you guys if you are planning on using stage blood.. But you can make it relatively simply by blue and red food coloring to watch and corn flour.. Use 2/3 red and 1/3 blue. Approximately.. The blue adds extra depth to the blood otherwise it just dries pink... Not a good look for a legionary Wink hehe.
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]
Oh, the possibilities are endless Big Grin
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fake-Blood
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Comitatus don't, illustrating training exercises rather than stage combats, but, there's often a drop of the real stuff around to cheer up the baying, I mean the politely interested public :wink:
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Test whatever kind of fake blood you're using on all the fabrics you'll be wearing...if it stains and won't wash out, choose another type. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Or personal lubricant and pomegranate syrup. Mix corn starch with this mixture in separate container to make gloppy clotted bits that you can add. This is all water soluble and... edible...

Make sure you use kosher or halal syrup.. no added food coloring that can seriously stain stuff.
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
“Britannia use it by the bucket-load, especially when slitting throats. Any of their members here?â€
Jamie (Domitius)

DEO IANVS

C.S.I
Has anyone tried two part blood?
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Two part blood is available at theatre supply stores, for the record. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Two part blood is available at theatre supply stores, for the record. :wink:
Yes but have you tried it? Does it work well?

Inquiring minds want to know.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Whats wrong with onepart blood? :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Two part blood is composed of a pair of chemical concoctions that are basically invisible/clear until they come in contact with each other, then they turn red like blood.

They claim it will wash out easily, but I have not been to the stage laundry after any scenes with the blood.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  doing theater: stage? richsc 4 1,378 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Arthes