LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
The Ark of the Covenant
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
A recording of Greek and roman music. I'd love to know what it sounded like.
And a recording of a top-quality bard reciting the Iliad. Except I have this awful suspicion it may have sounded like hip-hop.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:
And a recording of a top-quality bard reciting the Iliad. Except I have this awful suspicion it may have sounded like hip-hop.

And if it did, what with the sudden awful association with respectability, the down homies would have to do something else to to be antisocial and shock the audience. Like Beetheoven, or Mahler, or a Liszt piano concert. Respect in da hood! You know what I mean, man? Cuz like Puccini iz Da Man! You know what I mean? You know what I mean?

However, there is a DVD out with all of Beowulf in Old English accompanied with the Angle-Saxon harp, done by Benjamin Bagby. www.bagbybeowulf.com It does have subtitles which hip-hop mostly doesn't.

@ John: Next time you are in the store ask K to get you a copy of the Beowulf if you want.

Ralph I.
A red lightsabre of course!

and a working Tie Fighter.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:and a working Tie Fighter.
But what will you do with all those untied, defeated strings?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
On a serious note: I'd love to bring back some ancient crops and plants. Many of them have been cultivated so long, that we have all kinds of special races, while the originals are lost. Several scientists believe those less specialized plants were stronger. I'd especially be looking for sylphium, which no longer exists.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website