Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Film on Julius Caesar...Sort of...
This might belong in the Reviews Topic, but then again Off Topic seems right.

There is a new film about Julius Caesar in development -- that is to say a film of a graphic novel adaptation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar set in the modern day London crime world. (Now you see why this might belong in Off Topic)

Mods please move as you see fit.

Article & Link below:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/900/900142p1.html

[size=150:3li8760h]Et Tu, F. Gary Gray?[/size]
Director to helm urban Caesar comic adaptation.

by Todd Gilchrist
August 19, 2008 - On Monday, August 18, 2008, Variety reported that F. Gary Gray is directing an adaptation of Julius, the Oni Press graphic novel adaptation of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. The announcement marks the latest Oni property to be adapted to film, following Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Resurrection, Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things, The Damned, Maintenance and Billy Smoke.

Julius, which is being developed by Mandalay Pictures, is a modern-day adaptation of Shakespeare's classic play, translated to an urban setting. According to Mandalay President Cathy Schulman, Gray "has a vision for this adaptation that will satirize obsessive consumerism while providing a thrilling ride for audiences."

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Might be cool...

Legion: TBD
Zeus....give me strength.... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Off topic, but have you seen the 3rd installment of Yoji Yamada's trilogy David? He is the one who did Twilight Samurai, then Hidden Blade and finally Bushi no Ichibun? I haven't seen it, and the story doesn't quite appeal to me. But if it's good, I was going to try and track down a copy that will work in a Region 1 dvd player.

Hmmm im not sure about this one...i mean it could go so badly wrong!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Quote:Off topic, but have you seen the 3rd installment of Yoji Yamada's trilogy David? He is the one who did Twilight Samurai, then Hidden Blade and finally Bushi no Ichibun? I haven't seen it, and the story doesn't quite appeal to me. But if it's good, I was going to try and track down a copy that will work in a Region 1 dvd player.

Greetings Magnus,

No, I have not seen that film. I thought Twilight Samurai very interesting, but have not seen the others yet. May have to do some hunting myself.

Thanks for the tip.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Hidden Blade is absolutely fantastic. Though I seem to have lost my copy...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question for Gaius Julius Caesar/Byron Angel ParthianBow 2 1,148 04-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  WOW Cajus Julius Caesar is back in politics ... Tiberius Clodius Corvinus 3 1,663 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Julius Caesar & The DaVinci Code Gaius Julius Quartus 10 2,810 06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS