Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Return to Gladiatorial Combat in Iraq a Solution
Salvete Omnes,
My brother Paul Passamonti (Paulus) is a US Army chaplain Major stationed in Iraq, and he's also an ancient history buff. He's presently in charge of several social programs, among these the building of clinics and schools, and is in need of funding. Here he proposes an ingenious solution to procuring said funds. Those of you that served will certainly appreciate it. I say YES, RIGHT ON (especially the part about selling my wares and Rome being once again the center of Europe :wink: )!!! Enjoy Big Grin

Quote:[size=150:2mhmoj5l]Things are well here in Iraq; the locals sent us a couple of mortars, both duds, this in addition to firing a few amongst themselves in Kirkuk.
Rome was just too far ahead of its time, used untrained fighters, and their army got too soft. This is why we need a return to the circuses- let those that want gladiatorial combat pound on eachother. Thus, all the gangs would beat one another's brains out (no firearms or chemicals allowed). This could be a state monopoly used to pay for our social programs- schools, the elderly, and free medical care for all. No innocents would be hurt.
In this way, you and other talented people could sell your wares out front of the Circus Maximus, the rebuilding of which could be funded within 6 months. Also, it could be a permanent site for the Olympics since it was the largest arena in existence seating over a quarter of a million people. This turns Rome back into the center of Europe, slight influence by Mussolini, Vespasian, and Nero. Just a few thoughts.[/size]
Saluti, Love and Light
Iulia Cassia Vegetia
a.k.a Julia Passamonti-Colamartino
Legio III Cyrenaica
Maker of Amphorae
<a class="postlink" href="http://venetiancat.com">http://venetiancat.com
Once I learned to herd cats, I realized that ANYTHING is possible..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiatorial combat group york region, ontario scissorfacerx 0 1,969 09-20-2016, 03:57 AM
Last Post: scissorfacerx