Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show here your Germanic warrior impression
[Image: mrogob1.jpg]

[Image: p50500552.jpg]

[Image: dscf1405b.jpg]

[Image: dscf1406z.jpg]

The tunic is based on the texts by S.Apollinaris (for the tight sewings), with golden-embroidery as seen in the Musée D'archéologie Nationale (founds from St Denis and northern italy, VIth) and with striped-pattern (from texts by Apollinaris too). In Linnen.

A rectangular whithe coat in linen, to looks like the ripuarians in the texts meeting burgundians for a mariage; and a wool throusers (throsberg or schelsswig).

- lenticular shield with a button-umbo, from the necropolis of Flonheim,
- semi-spatha (not a copy one for now, same cemetery)
- spatha (same)
- francisca (in command, the one seems to has been destroyed in during the WWII, so i chose one from Worms, arround 480).
- Two coins from the roman republic, in pendants,
- Three ceramics (founds arround my native town, in picardy, all made by P.Alain Capt (Arse cretariae http://arscretariae-archeoceramique.blogspot.fr/),: one gallo-roman cup, found from Compiègne, one merovingian/anglosaxon greycup, and one roman bowl with reversed edge.

Two glases: one devoted to the light, without any feet ("campagnan apode glass"?), and one clawglass as found arround the channel/Rhine (this one specially is from harminges, belgium. A shame, but this was the only one aviable whithout a specific and expensive command Confused )

In command too: a framea, a angon, a gold ring and a coins-claw from the same tomb of flonheim

One day, maybe an add with an spangenhelm from Colognia.. but before, i'll bring all the stuff from a women's tomb in Nouvion, for my girlfriend.. expensive too ^^

ps/edit: sorry to have splited it into 3parts, seems to have a maximal size to posts?
Database about the late roman and merovingien gauls: http://241-752.forumgratuit.fr/

Website of our cultural/reenactment team about merovingians times: http://www.musee-itinerant.org/index.php?width=1280

Messages In This Thread
Baiuware Kit - by ioannes sebald - 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Re: Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by MARTINVS ARIES TEVTONICVS - 12-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Re: Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by Liadon - 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Re: Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by Thomas Zaccone - 10-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by Alexvantland - 04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by Keith Croteau - 02-04-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Show here your Germanic warrior impression - by germanicus1 - 05-28-2018, 02:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show here your Sarmatian warrior impression Alanus 108 125,846 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Sooqa
  Show here your Celtic warrior impression Chuck Russell 204 182,417 12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: ancientbattles
  Show here your Thracian warrior impression Dain II. 22 32,591 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: AMELIANVS