Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legionary \'birth signs\'
Ok before anyone takes me to task as they did on my subject of subarmalis :lol: A lot of legions can be identified with matching birth animals e.g legio XX with a boar. Just come across a BBC web site which mentions that the IX leg had a bull as their birth sign, now this is news to me because i was under the impression that the sign for the Ninth was unknown, the web site in question is here.......... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A32778660 , it does mention that any views stated are not those of the BBC. Yes it would be lovely to have a positely identified sign to marry with the Ninth as this is my parent legion and i am just redoing our vexillum ( currently words and no menagerie). Anyone ( and i am sure there are loads of you ) fancy leaving your views/comments
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]
Quote:Anyone ( and i am sure there are loads of you ) fancy leaving your views/comments
BBC is probably right. VIIII Hispana was a Caesarian legion, and all legions founded by the dictator had the bull as symbol. It's also in Ritterling.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
thanks for that Jona
martin ward
vicuscenturion

carpe diem[/quote]