Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Lupercal Plates Belt
Hi Barry, hope you like it.

On the riviting through only one layer; wouldn't it be very hard to stitch the two layers togeter with the plates already firmly in place??
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Robert,

If you imagine one piece of leather folded and sewn along the top and bottom, but meeting at the rear of the belt(mid point between top and bottom) then there is no problem. This provides cover to the rivets and roves, but also allows easy access should you need to replace/repair anything.
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Ah, yes, hadn't thought of that one yet :oops: It would need to be supple leather, though to stop the whole affair from bulging. I was looking at the pictures of Barry's great belt.

Interesting developments around the park, by the way. Hope to host a big meet in a year or two ....... (light a candle!). Should even have a vexillatio fort (houses a centuri) to sleep in. We are curently in the process of selecting prefered suppliers, should things come to pass.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
It's such a pity it's totally inaccurate :oops: Wrong leather used, wrong plate materials, wrong construction.

If I were you Barry I'd get rid of that belt quick. I'd be quite prepared to take it off your hands and wear, er I mean...dispose of it for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, superb work...just imaging Homer Simpson drueling....
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Roman Belt with mixed plates models. Rado 15 5,736 08-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Tinning belt plates 2biggij 9 3,270 04-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake