Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman settlement in the USA
Quote:Now the difficult part of the journey begins. The next stop? Where else but Roswell, New Mexico. The journal will continue...
Meanwhile, in Germany, another RAT-member also made a startling discovery.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I would like to see someone try to make a Roman vessel and sail to the Americas, kind of like Thor Heyerdahl and his Kon-Tiki.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:Ralph (last initial deleted for fear of being found out)
Too late, we know who you are... :wink:
And yes, you still need to write that (with or without initial or last name :twisted: ) in your signature!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Just wait until some hapless future archaeologist uncovers the remains of Fort Lafe in the US and the lost bits and pieces of roman and Celtic kit lost there during annual events .........

Yes, the places where a reenactment event has took place must appear in the archeologic charts as "superficial useless rubish planted by disguised people, be careful":lol:

From Cohors Prima Gallica´s records, that includes dozens of chainmail rings, a fibula, several arrows and ballista bolts, perhaps a plumbata "Mk. I", a silver snake ring... :roll: And all of them in archeologic sites.

At least rogue detectorists will have the things a bit harder if they try :twisted:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caer Lêb (Roman settlement in Wales) Jona Lendering 2 1,052 08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Jona Lendering