Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished Linothorax
there is a lot writing of "Carthaginian scale/lamellar armor"... but actually I don't know ANY evidence, nor archeological or pictorical, of carthaginian scale armors.

About the question of the leather scales (without doubt more probable than metal ones), I would like to point out that in the Orcus tomb there is a warrior wearing a similar armor that have the "lamellar-like" pattern INSIDE the neck guard: [Image: etrusques_a_069.jpg]

Could we, for the depictions where the "lamellar-pattern" is of the SAME COLOR of the whole armor, suggest an artistic stylistic feature that would remand to a real and functional element existing in OTHER similar armors (e.d. Mars of Todi and Falterona bronze?).
Gioal Canestrelli "Caturix"

- www.evropantiqva.org -
Thanks!! I have made my own linothorax for a Medea's play. I know they are not this color but I liked it, It's been hard to sew with the machine, bit I think it turned out quite good

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's one nice kit.
Xavier
(01-08-2017, 12:28 PM)Susana Wrote: Thanks!! I have made my own linothorax for a Medea's play. I know they are not this color but I liked it, It's been hard to sew with the machine, bit I think it turned out quite good

The T-Y corselet came in many colors, not just white.  So you are all good.