Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorica Segmentata (the book), second edition
I should point out that there were errors in the original publication. SH*T happens, I'm afraid! I've been going through the thing this weekend, trying to list them all. When I've done this and sent it to him, Mike (the other one) will upload it onto the site where the books are, so that everyone can see it. Most of the errors are repetitve stuff and just annoying but there are a few more important ones that crept in and were not eliminated in the proof-reading stage, for example there is a drawing for which there is no text! There are also a couple of instances where the wrong drawing was linked to the text (with more than 1,600 drawings, there were bound to be a few like this).

It was always our intention to publish an update after 5 years (which 2008 is), provided that there were sufficient published finds to make this worth while. Since then, sites such as Wroxeter and Caerleon have yielded many new examples of lor seg fitments and there are a number of minor sites as well (minor in the sense that there were few finds of the armour).

If anyone does download the book/catalogue, I would certainly be grateful if any further errors are spotted. To save cluttering up RAT space, I can be reached on: [email protected]

Caratacus/Mike Thomas
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.

Messages In This Thread
Lorica Segmentata vol.2 now online - by mcbishop - 07-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Re: Lorica Segmentata (the book), second edition - by Caratacus - 07-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lorica segmentata tweets mcbishop 13 3,569 01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  The Newstead \'lorica segmentata\' mcbishop 0 1,051 08-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Last Post: mcbishop
  Free lorica segmentata paper in Spanish martijn.wijnhoven 2 2,416 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Last Post: jho