Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Last night I watched "V" for Vendetta. Since today is "remember, remember the 5th of November....."
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Flawed film for me :| ...

Even if you end burning "the Guy", the massive use of fireworks involving a celebration of a plot consisting in blowing up the Government has alwas seemed me a civic duty and subtle menace to the politics :mrgreen:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, they are moving to 3D in order to offer an experience above and beyond the growing home entertainment market. We can now have giant flat panel LCDs and 6.1 surround sound in our homes. Some people even have home theaters now. So, the theater industry in hand with Hollywood has to keep ahead of the game.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Quote:I would like to ask you, has somebody gone to see any 3d movie? is that a good show? I really would like to see the next James Cameron's movie Avatar in a 3D cinema. Big Grin
We saw 'Up' in 3D, to our surprise (no-one told us beforehand). And it was not bad.
Yes, I'm looking forward to Avatar as well.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
L'Inferno - from 1911

This was the first feature lenght Italian movie ever made. The movie is based upon the divine comedy by Dante and the first part: Inferno. The story of the original poem is somewhat lost in the movie and itself is more of a collection of the different sins. Nice movie if you adore Dante & the divine comedy like me.

for a small part of the movie: [url:2nk4wp6d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGc5iWuUNDs[/url]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
"The Devil's Tomb" Cuba Gooding Jr. Modern Day military versus a Fallen Angel, lots of blood and explosions. Thriller/Horror

Even more fun with the director's and actor's commentary. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s first horror film.
Directed by Sean Connery's son
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Astro Boy

Well...

This is not the Astro Boy you might remember from your youth (and depending upon when that was you could remember the original or the updated series or both) even though the story itself might seem familiar. This is not an "un-artful" film but it is definitely missing the original's Japanese sensibilities.

Overall the animation is OK but the voice acting is uneven with some actors seeming barely to be trying. This is not Miyazaki or Pixar.

However...

The grandson enjoyed it so it is reaching the target audience.

:|

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
"Quo Vadis", the remake, Television mini-series from Poland. Excellent sets, clothing, and beautiful women.
The story is, of course, a classic.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
The Last of the Mohicans. A really terrific film, although I'll admit my upbringing in rural New York makes for some sentimental attachment to it.
Definitely in my top 5 all-time favorite movies. Really heart-wrenching, powerful stuff.
Quote:The Last of the Mohicans. A really terrific film, although I'll admit my upbringing in rural New York makes for some sentimental attachment to it.
Definitely in my top 5 all-time favorite movies. Really heart-wrenching, powerful stuff.

Good one, and I love the music.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Spirited Killer 1 with Tony Jaa ( complete crap!!! ) Ong Bak was so much better.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Sukiyaki Western Django :twisted:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
The Incredible Mr. Limpet. Silly, but my teenager actually cracked up laughing. Mr. Limpet finally found his place in the world.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Sukiyaki Western Django :twisted:

And what did you think of this film, not only in terms of plot but production design and acting? Could you follow the story?

Did you catch the references to the Gempei Wars of 1180-85...?

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA