Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Quote:Had been to the movies yesterday and watched with two friends "Madagascar 2". It's a nice animated and entertaining movie. And you don't need to know the story of the first film to understand this one.

Hmmmmm, zoo animals in Africa....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
was already twice at cinema looking Madagascar 2... King Julian ist the best!!! He´s so funny!!!
Martina Mesan-Pavlovic
American Graffiti, or at least 2/3 of it. So wanted to like it but not enough plot to hold my interest.

Not exactly a film but almost halfway through Carnivale S2 which I'm enjoying Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:If you have never seen it you might try the film Tampopo, though I must warn you, locate a good Japanese noodle restaurant before you start watching -- you will want a bowl of ramen when the film ends. Smile
I saw that ages ago, brilliant. I still curse Asian restaurants for on the one hand providing chopsticks but then serving the food on flat plates.. :evil:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

It's great isn't it! The language is so poetically vulgar Big Grin x
Kat x

Quote:
Virilis:29eq1rrf Wrote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

Oh yes, "poetically vulgar", that`s the phrase I was looking for :wink: ! This series reminds me how our lanquage was so much richer in the old days. Just read some old letters and you`ll see what I mean...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:
Libitina:1umhqw0t Wrote:
Virilis:1umhqw0t Wrote:Just watched last weekend the complete first season of "Deadwood". I liked it a lot :wink: !

Oh yes, "poetically vulgar", that`s the phrase I was looking for :wink: ! This series reminds me how our lanquage was so much richer in the old days. Just read some old letters and you`ll see what I mean...

What language do you watch Deadwood in? It would be interesting to know if it is so "colourful" and complex in other languages too.
Kat x

In Finland we NEVER watch dubbed films! We always watch everything with texts running at the bottom of the screen. It would be a rape to have for example Jake LaMotta of "Raging bull" or Homer Simpson dubbed! Original lanquage is such an important part of an art-form like movies, methinks.

Sometimes when I see foreign dubbed films it almost makes me want to vomit :evil: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Yeah, I agree there Virilis.

You lose a lot in dubbed films, even if it is done well.

I used to love watching the Chinese movies in Borneo....subtitles or not..
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Saw Letters from Iwo Jima last night....entertaininh to say the least!! Go on Clint!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
In fact we don`t even have any dubbing in Finland, only as a special service for the people with bad vision Cry
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:In Finland we NEVER watch dubbed films! We always watch everything with texts running at the bottom of the screen. It would be a rape to have for example Jake LaMotta of "Raging bull" or Homer Simpson dubbed! Original lanquage is such an important part of an art-form like movies, methinks.

Sometimes when I see foreign dubbed films it almost makes me want to vomit :evil: ...

I agree I'd much rather read the subtitles. Think I saw Mr Vampire dubbed but it was so stupidly funny it added to it. And Baywatch into Spanish but who watched it for the script anyway :lol:
Kat x

Quote: ...and Baywatch into Spanish but who watched it for the script anyway :lol:

I do Confusedhock: .
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Virilis, I guess you never noticed that there were girls on Baywatch, wearing tight swimsuits? OK, just so you'll know, there were. Heh. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.