Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants of roman patrician families
Since my scroll about the African Swallow is missing from my library, wretched slaves,
here is the information you so boldly state is nessecary :

The airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 37,162 Pes per second, or 26,094 Millaria pro hora. To maintain airspeed velocity, a swallow must beat its wings 43 times pro secunda, which is one 3600th of a day if you take into account that one minuta is a 60th of a day, taking a day of 12 horae and 4 night watches, of course depending on the season.

When one is a Patrician, one has to know about such things... You obviously do not, for had you have known, you would have stated it, which to me proves you are not a natural member of the Gens Iulii, for they always open their cloaca on the rostra whenever they know something others do not.

M.VIB.M.

By the way guys, there is a Guy working for the BBC who has as his last name

"Grammatikos"

Maybe he is a decendant of a slave family.

Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Not directly related, but sort of (excusing the erudite discursive narrative into Monty Python).

There is a blood group found in Hexham, south of Hadrian's wall and very near Corstopidum (Corbridge) of which the only other example is in Southern Italy.

Isn't that fabulous?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
So, another School teacher pulling facts out of the books he has at hands....
And did you catch this swallow, slavechild?

Quote:to maintain airspeed velocity, a swallow must beat its wings 43 times pro secunda, which is one 3600th of a day

Actually, wrong. By comparing the European Swallow with bird species of similar body mass, we can estimate that the swallow beats its wings 18 times a second with an amplitude of 18 cm.

Now if you were anything other than a tutored slave, you would know this.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
HA ! You completely forget to include the thickness of the air it flies through, as well as the fact that every object, whether animate or inanimate always returns to its original state.

Not even your trip to Greece taught you anything about the world you petty son of a disturbed Satyr !

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
I did not forget...I just refrained from mentioning the obvious, you
regurgitation of a plebian night out! Now cease this idle chatter and run and fetch me
some wenches and wine! And then polish my armour! :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Not directly related, but sort of (excusing the erudite discursive narrative into Monty Python).

There is a blood group found in Hexham, south of Hadrian's wall and very near Corstopidum (Corbridge) of which the only other example is in Southern Italy.

Isn't that fabulous?

Amazing. Where about in Southern Italy? I watched a similar program about the Jewish last name Cohen (priestly line) all having the same genetic make up and sharing it with a group of South African natives that consider themselves part of a distinct priesthood.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Quote:I love to see the continuing influence of Montius Pythonis. Who said culture was dead?
Culture has passed on! It is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! This is an ex-culture!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
Robert Vermaat post=314491 Wrote:I love to see the continuing influence of Montius Pythonis. Who said culture was dead?
Culture has passed on! It is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! This is an ex-culture!

No it's not. It's just asleep sir. (rattles cage).
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:[color=#bb0000]
Amazing. Where about in Southern Italy?

Don't know, sadly. I was chatting to a nurse from Carlisle Hospital while on a walk. Never met her befoer and not seen her since; she said she was going to try and find out for me, but this was last August :?
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Ernest Renan argued in his famous treatise What is a Nation? that there are no twelve families in the whole of France which could trace their origins back to the days of the Frankish conquest.

Obviously, he was not so much concerned about the empirical verity of this particular number, but he wanted to make a case for his theory of the nation as a daily plebiscite.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did patrician families of Rome used something similar to crests? Corvus 2 1,559 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Footwear and Families at Vindolanda Vindex 3 1,472 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Alanus