Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol to hydrogen conversions (HHO)
I didn't want to put this in the oil thread as it was too good for there :wink:

Not the usual compressed hydrogen engine conversion, but HHO which keeps the water in its normal state, and tap water at that. 100 miles on 4 ounces of tap water, and doesn't void your car's warranty. Also great for welding that won't even harm your hand, but cuts through steel.

Do watch the videos, they explain a lot, especially the first one.

http://car-hydrogen.net/

$50 for the 90 page instruction booklet, and $60 for the parts from your common or garden auto shop. They even encourage everyone to do it for others or show them how.

Anyone tried it, or knows someone who has?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
That is what I am talking about....seems someone has done it then.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I thought you'd be interested :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Confusedhock:

As I walked from the train station in Anaheim to the office this morning the price of gas at the station on the corner: $4.59/gal Unleaded Pump-it-Yourself Regular.

Can HHO be real?

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I saw that on the local news here Jim. Couldn't believe it...the news reporter also said the US government and one of the major car companies was looking at it, so it could also very well disappear! :twisted:

Legion: TBD
Hmmmm, let a bureaucrat at it and it certainly will.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It's really simple - buy a copy of the instructions and you've got them forever. You could share the cost with friends and family, and everyone gets to do the add-on. In fact, that's what the people selling it are relying on - they want everyone to do it for next to nothing.

Once it's out there there could be no stopping it. As you might know I don't have a car, but I'm thinking of buying them before some car company or legislation makes it a no-no.

If it can power a safe welding torch it can potentially power pretty much anything. The Age of HHO? :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
If you're allowed to. Laws? Over here some cars run on the oil previously used to bake chips in (a car smelling like that can make your mouth water :twisted: ). But it's illegal to actually use it, same as red diesel I think. Something to do with evading fuel taxes. Yes, Cry indeed.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
F**k 'em. If everyone starts doing it what are they gonna do; lock everyone up or slap fines on the elecctorate?

I'm amazed at chippy oil being illegal over there - I'm sure it's fine to do here and gets spotlighted on TV all the time. The tax reason for banning can't be possibly legitimate - the oil used has already had all taxes paid in its original intent, surely, and only VAT would apply if applicable to the seller?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Several companies have been claiming they can do this for many years. Unfortunately, they claim to be violating the Laws of Thermodynamics. Specifically, you can't turn water plus energy into something, and that something into water plus more energy, without producing free energy. That's impossible in a well-ordered universe ... according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, you have to lose useful energy in the proccess.

For example, splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen consumes more energy than burning the gas to make water produces.

And why don't they sell their wonderful invention to Toyota for a billion dollars or so, if its so easy to implement? Car companies have no vested interest in high fuel consumption ... and they have a huge vested interest in selling better cars than their competitors!
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
Go to Youtube and search for HHO where you can see a stack of people experimenting and fixing HHO cells to their cars. No major company of any kind will go near a technology that can't be patented. They do lots of R&D only to have it copied and improved based on their mistakes. It's the first question investors ask an inverntor - "Do you have the patent?" or "Is there a patent pending?" That's absolute rule number one in investment, and if the answer's "No" they walk away there and then, no matter how cool the invention is.

Most people are ustilising HHO cells as a way to extend their mileage, getting between 20 to 40 percent increase, which essentially cuts their fuel bills by those amounts.

Sorry Sean, but it's being used and developed by amateurs, and there's proof of application - they can't all be liars and fakers.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I seem to remember that gasoline engines only burn 10% of the fuel, expelling the rest. If this odd tech sprays gas-coated water vapor into a cylinder then it will rust the engine out in no time.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I think it burns the hydrogen and oxygen, then expels the water vapour with the exhaust?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
How about this video, which is a toy car that runs on hydrogen from water. But the neat thing is that the power to generate the hydrogen is from a solar panel. In other words, the hydrogen generation costs zero energy, sourced from the biggest free energy source in the solar system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VHhQW6 ... re=related
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Sean is right. It takes more energy to get hydrogen out of this sytem than any boost you might get in efficiency. It is a huge scam that has been debunked over and over again for years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petrol price action Tarbicus 74 11,432 06-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat