Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roman-britain.org down?
Hi guys,

Is this website down temporarily or has something happened? I have been without access to the internet as of late and so would not know if anything has happened.

Yuri
Hmmm, the fact that you get a domain registrar placeholder is a bad sign. It's possible that he moved his site to another host and the DNS hasn't been updated everywhere yet, but more likely, either the orginal registration or the contract with the hosting company has expired.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hmmn, that is not very good news at all.

Hopefully its just temporary!
Quote:Hmmm, the fact that you get a domain registrar placeholder is a bad sign. It's possible that he moved his site to another host and the DNS hasn't been updated everywhere yet, but more likely, either the orginal registration or the contract with the hosting company has expired.

Until it reappears, those in need of its services can find a snapshot at the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. Better than nothing, but be warned it... can... be... a... bit... slow... and the internal links don't seem always to work but you can sometimes retrieve a page if you know the URI and simply stick http://web.archive.org/web/20070813082250/ in front of the original address.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:Until it reappears, those in need of its services can find a snapshot at the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine.
Further proof that what we do in life echoes in eternity ... er, cyberspace? Big Grin
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Further proof that what we do in life echoes in eternity ... er, cyberspace? Big Grin

We are but ashes and digits...

Mike Bishop

It's back! - the bizarre use of colour still makes my eyeballs bleed, though...

Mike Bishop

Quote:It's back! - the bizarre use of colour still makes my eyeballs bleed, though...

Mike Bishop

Ahh good, I was beggining to get worried, its a very good archive!
Quote:the bizarre use of colour still makes my eyeballs bleed, though...
The triumph of javascript over content!
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:The triumph of javascript over content!

All hail the great god Firefox and the No Style option (which preserves the sanity of the less chromaphiliac).

Mike Bishop

Mike: you gotta stop usin' them big words - I'm only a simple Welshman! :lol:
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.