Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenactment Legion Uniformity vs Variety
Quote:Reenactment Legion Uniformity vs Variety

A few items should be the same within each century (reenactment group)
Tunic color

Why? I really don't see why tunic color should be uniform. We don't know anything about this. But I don't want to get into a tunic color debate again.

Quote:Scutum size and painting pattern (Minor shape variations and trim details should be OK)

I would agree with this, but I don't mind different designs within a legion, as for the first century, which I'm portraying, we don't have something such as the notiatia dignitatum.

Quote:Variations:
Should have a few different helmets in use but not too many.
A lot of different Pugios, belts and personnel items should be worn
Gladius - At least some variation is good but I don't think everyone should have a different Gladius
A mix of Armor should be worn with percentages reflecting the period portrayed.

Here I totally agree, but I would mention, that in my opinion we you don't need a centurio with a more ornate helmet then a milites. Certainly not the better pugios for the officers and simple ones for auxilia and such re-enactment stereotypes. I think the more variation the better, but remember the items people use, must fit into the period portrayed, so, unles most of you would have custum made stuff, you simply get uniform dressed people.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Re: Reenactment Legion Uniformity vs Variety - by Jvrjenivs - 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
uniformity - by Graham Sumner - 06-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Uniformity v Variety - by Paullus Scipio - 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
UNIFORMS - by Graham Sumner - 06-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Re: uniformity - by Matthew Amt - 06-13-2008, 02:04 PM