Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Coverage Manica
Quote:So, if I understand correctly, this is a Manica with full coverage, so all the way around (or something like that.. :roll: )? How does something like that work?

Sorry for the strange question.. :? roll: Tongue

Greetz,

There are many lames, each of which are suspended using 4 leather straps. Two of the straps are "tight" and set the lame overlap so that when the armor is straight, the exposed lame width is 1 inch. The other two straps are used only in an alternating pattern and are suspended loose as to allow movement up to the point where they would gap if allowed to go further. It is only a small amount but when you multiply that amount by 20 lames you get a manica with some pretty good range of motion.
Juan Santell, no Roman name yet. Picking a name is very important and something that should not be done hastily or without much thought.
Do you by any chance have close-up pics of this? I have some trouble picturing this.. Cry Might be my brain however.. :? P

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
[size=59:200mg9lr]Yeah, you're still dutch.[/size] :lol:
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
I'll just pretend I did not read that..! *Puts his hands over his eyes* I DID NOT READ IT!! I DID NOT READ IT!! :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[size=59:11t6z20p]Ok, point taken.. :roll: :wink: [/size]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, about the manica, is it something like these then?
link from old RAT

(I would still love to see any close-ups though.. Smile )

Greetz,
Manuel Peters
I sent the armor off to the customer before I got to take any more pictures.
Juan Santell, no Roman name yet. Picking a name is very important and something that should not be done hastily or without much thought.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full coverage Manica Barius Alexander 35 8,460 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Caballo