Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2008
Of course. What else to do, to unwind after an exciting game, than post on RAT? Big Grin
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Congratulations to our Dutch colleagues on their team's comprehensive dismantling of the French! Smile
It's a nice evening indeed. It's now almost midnight, and the city is still, in a pleasant way, unquiet. Many people are visiting pubs, but in a happy mood - I've not heard the police sirens.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
That was very impressive! I'm glad that we can't face Holland before the final. With our crappy defense from last night against Croatia they would score double-digits Big Grin wink:
Perdikkas a.k.a. Thorsten Schillo

http://hetairoi.de
Greece v Russia......coming soon!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
The Dutch really are looking powerful at the moment.As for the runners up spot it will be a battle.The Romanian still have the dutch in the long grass,so im thinking that it will come down to a tete a tete between la france and their ''beloved"neighbours.As for who will win,im not sure,but with the french doing so badly im tipping the italians,though i hope im wrong.
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Quote:The Dutch really are looking powerful at the moment.As for the runners up spot it will be a battle.The Romanian still have the dutch in the long grass,so im thinking that it will come down to a tete a tete between la france and their ''beloved"neighbours.As for who will win,im not sure,but with the french doing so badly im tipping the italians,though i hope im wrong.
If the Dutch are defeated by the Rumanians, both France and Italy will be out, and no one has to fear their resurrection this tournament. There is speculation about it in Dutch newspapers and by the BBC. It would not be fair if the Dutch allow themselves to be defeated, but it's a rational strategy. (Note: Rumania is a strong team that may as well be able to defeat the Dutch without help, as it has done in the past.)
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:I'm glad that we can't face Holland before the final.
I'd be glad if we got there, even. :lol:

Quote:If the Dutch are defeated by the Rumanians
:? lol:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:It would not be fair if the Dutch allow themselves to be defeated, but it's a rational strategy.
I don't think that will happen. After all why should the Dutch be afraid of meeting a team in the semi-final they beat with 3 goals earlier?
Perdikkas a.k.a. Thorsten Schillo

http://hetairoi.de
Croatia is giving a good showing and that's what I like to see B)
Paul Basar - Member of Wildfire Game\'s Project 0 AD
Wildfire Games - Project 0 A.D.
[size=150:jvthj7jo]WOW[/size], what I have seen tonight... Turkey won the match against the Czechs, and in a couple of minutes, the streets were crowded with cars with Turkish flags, music, and an extatic crowd of Dutch Turks (or Turkish Dutchmen). They were honking all the time. The Turkish tea houses served free raki to anyone who wanted to congratulate them, and there was a very, very pretty atmosphere. It was really an unexpected party that the Turkish community offered the city. This was Amsterdam-West, and I wonder how it will be in Istanbul or Ankara.
Jona Lendering
My website
Well, we suffered a heavy defeat against the Swiss. It's the problem of using the B team. But our A team, will be in full strenght in the next game.
Quote:[size=150:2dt9y3k0]WOW[/size], what I have seen tonight... Turkey won the match against the Czechs, and in a couple of minutes, the streets were crowded with cars with Turkish flags, music, and an extatic crowd of Dutch Turks (or Turkish Dutchmen).

I bet they were!!it made the great escape look like a picnic!!

PS Class finish from Ballack last night...though i will still only worship at the feet of Torsten Frings...legend!!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.

Quote:PS Class finish from Ballack last night..
yeah, speed of the ball was 121 km/h Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Big Grin ... the keeper can be glad, he didn't stand in the way ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Even if he had it was still goin in..some strike and the slow motion pic of Ballacks face was hilarious!!

Now that Holland, led by Van Basten, will have to face Russia, it's of course imperative to put a link to this Van Basten goal over here. This Van Basten goal has nothing to do with Holland-Russia, but guess who was there?
Jona Lendering
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro-English spyros 11 2,188 11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS