Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2008
Well, I enjoyed watching the Dutch give Italy a good thrashing last night!

I went to visit my Dutch friend.. her house was transformed into 'World of Orange'!!
Quote::lol: You guys are funny

I'm having to ignore Euro 08 :roll:

One newspaper had a guide to who Brits could support instead, for me that meant Romania (if you prefer to stay up all night and sleep all day lol)
Just support Greece, you know it makes sense! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Libitina:2bq26cbr Wrote:hm :? D Ballack and Lehmann play in English clubs :

dont mind ballack,Torsten frings is the man,hes some man for one man.Legend!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Ballack and Frings are kind of stabilizing axis in the midfield. really great players. hope they'll make it to the finals [Image: signsandflags6.gif]
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:Well, I enjoyed watching the Dutch give Italy a good thrashing last night!

I went to visit my Dutch friend.. her house was transformed into 'World of Orange'!!
All of Holland, at the moment, is all one big sea of orange. It's not without charm.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Looks like the "Clockwork Orange" is back :twisted:
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Peroni,

I am Italian, and I must say that their performance was horrendous; something that generally people are not accustomed to seeing. I began to wonder what sort of team was on the pitch.

You might have enjoyed the thrashing but I do not see England anywhere do you? I realized that there was no team with respect to Italy, but at least we qualified for the tournament (at least for a little while).

To the Dutch fans, excellent game execution. It was nice to see "total soccer". Hey, after thirty years you were bound to find the way to defeat Italy. Some people say that our best defender was not on the pitch (Cannavaro). But I think this is rubbish since he is one man. What was the rest of the team doing. Italy was turning over the ball every chance they could.

Our fowards, non existant. Now I must say that the first Dutch goal was completely offsides. But who cares, the other two were not and they were great goals especially the second. A deserved victory

Well, lets see how the Dutch will do against the French.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Like going to the doctor. Hes' putting the needle in, Peroni Big Grin D D Maybe the French will show up in their next game.
8)
Go the the Oranje!
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
This has got to feel good for Van Basten, proving that 'the oracle' (aka Johan Cruyff) was wrong poo-pooing his tactics. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Fortunately, Varus is left out.
No he's not, he's manager.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:You might have enjoyed the thrashing but I do not see England anywhere do you?

Yeah yeah we're not there, we're aware of that :roll: Big Grin We can still enjoy and comment on other games though.. I think!

Quote:Just support Greece, you know it makes sense! :wink:

:lol: I've got the go ahead to support Greece as they are one of the teams hubs got in a draw. If they win we'll be £20 richer lol
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:You might have enjoyed the thrashing but I do not see England anywhere do you?

No, because England played like crap in the qualifiers!! :oops:

I have Dutch ancestry, so my loyalty will go to the Oranje for this tournament! :wink:
I'm going for Byzantium.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:
Quote:You might have enjoyed the thrashing but I do not see England
Quote:Just support Greece, you know it makes sense! :wink:

:lol: I've got the go ahead to support Greece as they are one of the teams hubs got in a draw. If they win we'll be £20 richer lol

Hmmm, last time I supported them from the start, and they won! Now, If I had only bet a tenner then..... :roll:
Unfortunately, the have already lost their first game to Sweden.... Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Unfortunately, the have already lost their first game to Sweden.... Sad

... they should have engaged some hoplites and lined up in phalanx. ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro-English spyros 11 2,188 11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS