Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro 2008
And because the EC Football has started, I thought this link would be more than appropriate.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Go Hellas, Go!! Go Hellas, Go!!!! :twisted: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I wondered who would start the first Euro 08-thread ... :lol:

... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?
Dunno, but as all the world knows, the game was invented by the Greeks and brought to the rest of Europe by Roman legionaries. :wink:
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:2enwnkx8 Wrote:... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?
Dunno, but as all the world knows, the game was invented by the Greeks and brought to the rest of Europe by Roman legionaries. :wink:

wow :o ? )

... but I thought more about something like this:
[Image: firstromanscyb9.jpg]
Quote: but I thought more about something like this:

What no star striker, Julius Caesar! or is he just too flashy and expensive? Spotted some other flaws in the Dream team.

Drusus, injury prone, rocks, horses, that sort of thing.
Germanicus, ate some dodgy food playing in Syria, never been the same since!
Marcus Antonius, easily distracted, has a tendency to take his eye off the ball.
Hadrianus, too defensively minded to be an aggressive winger! Can be relied upon to organise a good wall at free kicks!
Scipio Africanus. Started well earlier in his career but faded badly.
Tiberius, keeps wanting a transfer somewhere else! It is rumoured Rhodes have made an offer.
Vespasianus, a late starter in the twilight of his years now. I hear he is starting his own stadium construction business very soon
Fabius Maximus however is your typical Italian slugger of the old school. one of the best delayers!
Belisarius. Scored well in Africa might find playing in Italy a bit harder!
Flavius Aetius. Well the latest news is that Britons want him after a great triumph against the Germans (well the Brits call them Huns!)!
Agrippa. only plays well on a waterlogged pitch!

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Big Grin D D D D
:lol: :lol: :lol: lmao
... well, had to deploy them in a hurry and the usual difficulties to overcome (time travel, factional struggle, etc :roll: ) ;-) )
Quote:Hadrianus, too defensively minded to be an aggressive winger! Can be relied upon to organise a good wall at free kicks!
my bad ... I actually meant Traianus :oops: (mix them up always :roll: )
Quote:I thought more about something like this:
[Image: firstromanscyb9.jpg]
Fortunately, Varus is left out. After his match against Arminia Bielefeld, one understands why.
Here's a nice "Hermann" in Arminia shirt:
[Image: trikot.JPG]
Jona Lendering
My website
At first they wanted Cicero as their manager but then had to realize that he always switched sides and joined the winning team :twisted:

You forgot Augustus!!! The top striker of the Roman team! Tricks defenders by pretending to do nothing serious, playing conservative style and before they notice it he scores!
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
Quote:You forgot Augustus!!! The top striker of the Roman team! Tricks defenders by pretending to do nothing serious, playing conservative style and before they notice it he scores!
Nah ... always poor health and not really a tactician on the field ... will do fine as spin doctor Big Grin

As to Caesar: always troubled with epileptic seizures (... some say [size=75:3maareuo]Incontinencia[/size] :roll: but shush, he could read this ;-) ) )
Thats ok......Caesar would be scoring so much, his epileptic fits would be indistinquishable from any other Football players after score antics.... Tongue roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
:lol: You guys are funny

I'm having to ignore Euro 08 :roll:

One newspaper had a guide to who Brits could support instead, for me that meant Romania (if you prefer to stay up all night and sleep all day lol)
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote::lol: You guys are funny

One newspaper had a guide to who Brits could support instead, for me that meant Romania (if you prefer to stay up all night and sleep all day lol)

hm :? D Ballack and Lehmann play in English clubs and we have white shirts and black shorts as well ...might work, if you mute the audio ;-) )

sorry, just joking ... it's sad, that England isn't there ...no real Euro, IMO Sad

@Gaius: indeed, might impress the referee when it goes for free kicks :lol:
Quote:
Libitina:afb50f32 Wrote::lol: You guys are funny

hm :? D Ballack and Lehmann play in English clubs and we have white shirts and black shorts as well ...might work, if you mute the audio ;-) )

sorry, just joking ... it's sad, that England isn't there ...no real Euro, IMO Sad

Well I can speak a bit of German so could swear at the ref and that's what counts when watching the football right :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro-English spyros 11 2,188 11-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS