Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legionary brick stamps
Does anyone have a link to site were I can see collection of legionary, IIII Flavia for example, brick stamps? <p></p><i></i>
The short answer is no, I do not have a link. But I was on a fantastic website a couple of weeks ago which gave details of every legionnary tile stamp known through Europe with photos. A great resource which I did not bookmark (to my regret! Google fails me now!) <p></p><i></i>
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.
look here:<br>
www.romanhideout.com/documents.asp<br>
<br>
there is a link to roman brick stamps<br>
<br>
ciao <p></p><i></i>
Luca Bonacina
Provincia Cisalpina - Mediolanum
www.cisalpina.net
www.romancoins.info/Legionary-Bricks.html <p></p><i></i>
"In war as in loving, you must always keep shoving." George S. Patton, Jr.
Even though it shows no pictures, this site does give a great description of the different roman coins from the republican era all the way to the end of the western roman empire. It also gives information about the size, weight, and value of a numerous coins from the roman age.[url=http://www.unrv.com/economy.php" target="top]www.unrv.com/economy.php[/url] <p>THERE IS NO VICTORY WITHOUT DEFEAT, AND THERE IS NO DEFEAT WITHOUT VICTORY</p><i></i>
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Not a site, but perhaps a usefull resource:<br>
<br>
Ulrich Brandl. Untersuchungen zu den Ziegelstempeln Röm. Legionen in den nordwestlichen Provinze des Imperium Romanum. Rahden, 1999.<br>
I hope you understand German.<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rehydroxylation: new dating for brick, tile and pottery Robert Vermaat 11 3,107 06-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius
  Legion Stamps and Marks QFirmus 6 1,894 09-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Tib. Gabinius