Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with my old webpage
Avete omnes!

It is a little embarrasing to tell this but, when the webmaster housing my webpage on artillery and the Cheiroballistra told me, well beforehand, 'The whole site will go down, maybe forever, save what you need now' I answered him: 'No problem, I made a security copy long ago'...
Just to discovered later that my copy was far from being complete... :oops:

Now we are planning to host it on the Cohors I Gallica website and I ask:
¿Did somebody here make a copy of the page entitled 'Sources', where an English translation of the treatise was featured and the diagrams were re-drawn and discussed?

Many thanks in advance!! Big Grin

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Have you used the Google Cache?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hi Jona,
thanks for the reply Big Grin
Do you mean that you can somehow retrieve a Google cache of a webpage loong ago disappeared? Confusedhock:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
I use the WayBack Machine, Aitor. You key in the original URL and it lists all the archived copies by date. Let's hope your page was archived at some point!
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
A big laus for you, Duncan!!! Big Grin D
I've got it!!! Some images have disappeared, but I've got them stored elsewhere. Texts and pages structure have been recovered 8)
I didn't know of such ghost recovering tool Confusedhock:

Many, many thanks! Big Grin

Aitor

Rolf Steiner
Quote:A big laus for you, Duncan!!! Big Grin D
Glad to help, my friend! Smile Looking forward to seeing your revived site.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Oh, don't expect too much :roll: Spare time is a scarce commodity nowadays and it will take us some time to reconstruct it as it was, not to speak of improving something... :oops:

Aitor

Rolf Steiner