Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"FOTRE" vs. "Gladiator" smackdown: Your
Quote:
Quote:They have the footage, I just hope they don't take their sweet time in releasing it.

So we'll have to buy another, super-extended version of FOTRE when the new footage is added back in? Sheesh, what a racket!

Seriously, I noticed from an above exchange that there is now some kind of super-extended ("director's cut") version of Gladiator out? When did this happen? Would it be available as a Blue Ray, by any chance?

Yes the Home Video Market is a racket. How many copies of Star Wars do we all own? (Beta, VHS, Laser, Letterboxed Laser, DVD, Special Edition DVD, Original Theatrical Release DVD, and some day soon Blu Ray)

Frankly I was a bit surprised that FOTRE was not also released on Blu Ray so I would look for that and Gladiator sometime in the next year when the US switches over to the digital broadcast format and people start buying Blu Ray players to feed HD into their digital HD monitors.

Besides great video resolution the Blu Ray discs have uncompressed audio making for some stunning sound. As voiced above Gladiator has a good music score and it should sound even better on Blu Ray.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Messages In This Thread
Films - by Graham Sumner - 06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
FOTRE - by Graham Sumner - 06-05-2008, 12:25 AM
extended.. - by Caius Fabius - 06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Re: "FOTRE" vs. "Gladiator" smackdown: Your - by Narukami - 06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
FOTRE - by Graham Sumner - 06-11-2008, 07:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,914 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus