Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids)
This is the design I am using on my shield.

[Image: FINAL001.jpg]

I will replace the sunburst shown with the following though.

[Image: Verginasun.png]

Always paint the aspis fully with the lightest color first. It is much easier to cover a light color with a darker one. In the case of my design, the yellow is the lightest so......

[Image: 053a.jpg]

I will coat it with a second coat later tonight and then coat the back rim with two coats of yellow tomorrow night after the glue dries on the back. In the meantime, I will begin working on poster board stencils for the sunburst, the full inner circle with ALL designs cut out in order to keep it perfect, one full key design for the outer rim that I will simply pick up and trace over and over, and one of the design elements for the back rim.

Note: I have worked with this yellow before and it will dry a bit darker than it is shown here. It looks too yellow to me in this pic.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Chris B - 06-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Aspis - by Theron - 06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Gabber700 - 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aspis Construction Method rocktupac 34 19,193 08-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rocktupac
  making an aspis Chuck Russell 153 60,331 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dany Boy