Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids)
No, there is no reason for stopping the porpax shorter than vases show for accuracy. I did not have any scrap longer than this and do not want to spend another $100 to lengthen it a few inches. I actually intended to make my bands full length until I couldn't find the scrap to get full length. As a side note, it is plenty strong this length though.

Next, I cut a ring of cloth out to cover the joint where the front and back cloths meet on the back rim.

[Image: 051a.jpg]

[Image: 052a.jpg]

Keep the scrap from this step to cover the shield while you paint sections of your desgin. I ALWAYS cover light color sections that are dry that I pass over while carrying the brush to the new area of work. No matter how careful you are, there is always a chance of paint dripping off the brush. I also hold a small piece of cloth in my other hand and hold the brush over it until I reach the area to paint. Point is that you should keep some scrap for this.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Chris B - 06-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Aspis - by Theron - 06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Gabber700 - 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aspis Construction Method rocktupac 34 19,191 08-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rocktupac
  making an aspis Chuck Russell 153 60,317 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dany Boy