Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids)
The first thing you need to understand is that no matter what you use by way of adhesive or materal, the inside of the shield is a pain. The material will have a tendency to pull way from the walls on the inside of any bowl shape. I am quite sure you have seen this when lining helmets too.

I start by cutting a piece of material large enough to cover the surface and drop it to the center area. I take a plastic putty knife and start drawing the material into the shield pulling it from the inside to the outside edge staying perpendicular to the edge. Then I start pulling it in concentric circles from the inside out.

[Image: 028a.jpg]

Then I cut of the obvious excess from the outside and keep working the material to the outside edges of the shield without touching the walls perpendicular to the face yet.

[Image: 029a.jpg]
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie

Messages In This Thread
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Chris B - 06-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Aspis - by Theron - 06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Re: Making an Aspis - Ring Method (Visual Aids) - by Gabber700 - 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aspis Construction Method rocktupac 34 19,193 08-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rocktupac
  making an aspis Chuck Russell 153 60,334 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dany Boy