Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing a new cat to your house....
Anyone have existing cats (I have 2 females), then all of a sudden brought another one home? Did you do anything to ease the new situation? How did your cats handle it?

Can anything be done to facilitate it?

Legion: TBD
Cross your fingers....prayer......luck............cats can be fickle... :lol: :lol:

Wish I had had a video when one of our siamese kittens came back to visit mom...... Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: never seen 2 cats be in 20 places in such short a frame of time before... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
A dog. The cats will forget about each other. A small one like a terrier will chase them all over the house and not shed too much.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
or the other way around..... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, I prefer cats with a little lemon pepper, and garlic.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:Well, I prefer cats with a little lemon pepper, and garlic.

I dunno you can't beat a kitty tikka masala :?

Quote:Anyone have existing cats (I have 2 females), then all of a sudden brought another one home? Did you do anything to ease the new situation? How did your cats handle it?

Can anything be done to facilitate it?

I can't help, I've only introduced rats to each other (which went swimmingly) however maybe this site can help? :-

http://www.purina.co.uk/Home/All+About+ ... o+Cats.htm
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Carnivors should be avoided as food....
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Well, I prefer cats with a little lemon pepper, and garlic.

Lmao.

Keep the cat in a (do you call it like that) cage for a while, until they are getting used to each other?
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
Im more of a dog guy,loyal and not overly picky either!!I found that cats tend to be too smart for my liking and they always broke dishes climbing in the window!!I and my football were usually blamed :evil: :evil:
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Hmmmm, my cats were too smart to break the dishes.... :lol:
More interested in finding the warm spot, chasing birds, and finding out what I was up to!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I had 4 cats at one place, brought 5 more in, there is an adjustment period, they have different tempers, now I have 3 cats at my new place and 6 at my main residence, but I may be taking the 3 back to the main home in a few weeks. They have to sound each other out and find where they fit in the pecking order. They find their own roost. I am not even a cat person, just end up takng in critters that people throw away. I also have 3 dogs, and several other interesting pets. This does not include the feral cats, local raccoons, oppossums, and the skunk who lves in my carport with her babies, or my llamas, sheep and longhorned cattle. LOL

Just put all breakables away for a while, and expect the cats to go through your collections of books, and whatever else is on shelves. Child proof your cupboards! :roll:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
lol...ok. I'll see what happens. I have to call the vet first and find out how much it is to get this new cat neutered, and maybe have them wash him while he's sedated.

Sedating a cat before giving it a bath takes all the excitement out of the event Big Grin
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
what kind of cat? Sedating some breeds can be dangerous.....

better to don your seg and manica and take your punishment like a true Roman.... :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I think it's just a regular taby...it's grey with black stripes.