Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon and Washington Romans - Ft. Stevens encampment
I have scheduled our first offical event at Ft. Stevens State Park for the weekend of June 28th, 29th.

Fire pits will be allowed, so bring firewood (Greg?) and food for a period dinner Saturday night.

If Dean brings the Scorpion, we have permission to shoot it. I have a great area picked out.

The Friends of Old Ft. Stevens board will also pay us the $200.00 honorarium reserved for reenactment groups doing weekend displays. This can help a little with gas costs.

Since this will be our first public event in an area not used to seeing Roman reenactors, a large turnout will insure our being invited back.

I will be printing handouts to give to visitors who may be interested in joining, or would just like to know more about our group or Ancient Rome.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Quote:I have scheduled our first offical event at Ft. Stevens State Park for the weekend of June 28th, 29th.

What torture! I'll be working all weekend!! Sad ( ( (

I am so sorry I won't be there for the first, but please, take lots of pictures and keep the events coming regularly.
Iulia Sempronia (Sara Urdahl)
Officium ante Proprium Bonum
Quote:
maius:3kkcygeu Wrote:I have scheduled our first offical event at Ft. Stevens State Park for the weekend of June 28th, 29th.

What torture! I'll be working all weekend!! Sad ( ( (

I am so sorry I won't be there for the first, but please, take lots of pictures and keep the events coming regularly.

I'm sorry you won't be able to attend Julilla, but will keep you advised of future events.

I promise i'll take lots of pics! Big Grin

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
*groan* I am the most fun-deficient person in the world. I suppose that, since I have no time I should spend more money perfecting my encampment. However, I just indulged my passion for all things Italian by buying an Aprilia last Friday, so I guess I'll have to pace myself. Now if only I could find somebody to carry all my gear, I could ride to events.
Bill(Maius), I am indeed stockpiling good hardwoods for cookong. I also just purchased the materials for the tent poles. I'm really looking forward to this event.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Thanks Greg, should be a good turnout.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Note to self: get period rope.

I can make it Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday too. I quit that pissant job I had and started a new and better one; I have 3 day weekends now. Y'all gonna be out Friday sometime?
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Joel, i got the rope and tent stakes so we're good to go.

I'm glad you'll be able to be there for both days.

We won't be able to set up until early Saturday morning, but your welcome to come up Friday and spend the night at my place if you like.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Bill and all:

I should be good for the ft stevens event, oh and please email me the pics you would like posted to the website so we can continue building it

caius matinius mattius
(chris mattingly)
Chris,
I really hope you can make it. We are ready to go, kit, tent and adult beverages.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
I remind you all to take lots of pictures. I'll be thinking about you whilst working all next weekend. Sad
Quote:I remind you all to take lots of pictures. I'll be thinking about you whilst working all next weekend. Sad

Sorry you won't be able to be there Julilla, but promise to take lots of pics. Smile

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Chris, contact me before Saturday.

I also have photos, etc. for the wedsite, will have them at Ft. Stevens on Saturday.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
I have our yahoo group up with some pics. Bill i sent you the invite. my email address is [email protected] . shelly is gonna be working on the website through the week

caius

chris mattingly
Here's the link to all the pictures I took this weekend. I actually show up in some. Great event; we learned a lot, started thinking as a cohesive group and not a collection of individuals. Chris wound up portraying 'those people'. We want to improve our camp next.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/bl ... s/?start=0
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Historic Fort Stevens IV arklore70 4 1,517 09-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Last Post: arklore70
  May 23-24 & Jun 27-28 in Oregon Renius 1 809 05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Last Post: maius
  July Ft. Stevens event maius 0 894 07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Last Post: maius