Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander the Great in the Punjab. A Photo Essay
This article may be of some interest, especially now that the Swat valley has recently been taken over by the Taliban and there is little chance to visit the sites once conquered by Alexander.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:...especially now that the Swat valley has recently been taken over by the Taliban and there is little chance to visit the sites once conquered by Alexander.

Indeed Jona, indeed. Makes this just somuch more important. I'm going to have to muster the money to attend in NYC next year I think.
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu
Yep, that Afghanistan exhibition is great. It was in Paris in 2006-2007, and it was really great - here is a review. It was not very expensive: seven euro. Then, it moved to Amsterdam, where we had to pay more to see lees. Worse, photography was forbidden, which is pretty stupid. The best way to raise awareness is if people start showing photos to each other and tell the story.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I agree. People are more likely to go and look at the exibit if they see some pictures of it.
Veni Vidi Vici

Regards,
John Abbate

1. Hello.

2. Do I know you?

3. There is no 3. Mysterious!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient synagogue mosaic may depict Alexander the Great Steven James 3 2,526 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ValentinianVictrix
  Massacre of Greeks under Alexander the Great foojer 10 5,009 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Paralus
  Who Killed Alexander the Great? D B Campbell 8 2,919 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Last Post: sitalkes