Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completed something again!
It's probably been years, but I finally completed some figures again. Small (28mm) ones this time. Photos on my blog.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Amazing work, Boss, amazing. At 28mm, that is pretty fine detail, such as the shield blazons. Good paint colors, and texturing. The leg hairs on that one guy are really good, too. Smile
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
They look great Jasper! Big Grin Congratulations! Nice to see some bronze, round peltes!
Pericles of Rhodes (AKA George)
Yours are very nice, Mr. Oorthuys! The skin tone is fantastic. I used to paint minis, but no money + no spare time = no painting and a sad Ahenobarbus.
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
Thanks! The skin tone is actually quite easy to do with Andrea Miniatures' flesh paint acrylics. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: they're amazing!!The detail is quite superb!!Ive done a bit of work with miniatures and i acknowledge the time and effort put in!!Thanks for sharing with us Confusedhock: .Im still in shock!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
Do you use a lens/light when you paint the small details? Or is that just my old eyes talking? :? oops:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Nope. Proper lighting of course, but no lenses. It may make a difference that I've been doing this for 2/3rds of my life now... :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper,

very nice painting-job, I like the colour of the chitons and how You painted the skin areas very much. Would be nice to be on an exhibition together again. :wink:

Greets - Uwe
Greets - Uwe