Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full blown combat or display only?
Hello all. Me coming from the Greek world,I always wonder even if we gather a considerable number of hoplites lets say,how can we show the bublic how they fought? We should form two tightly packed lines,with two or three lines of spearheads coming out in the front,and marching against each other,but to actually show the ingenuity of this kind of combat and why it was successful we need make the groups come into contact,and actually push really hard! That said,it's nearly unthinkable to do this correctly even with covered spear points. Once again individual fighting is pointless and inaccurete.
I agree with both that people are attracted by the "violence" included and that this violence is no good advertising. We need to gain their appreciation and not just make the lough with(at) us,which is also entertainment.
I think we can use those facts by showing them everything we have gathered by our research.Drill,maneuvers,complexity of movements,strategy,and finally,the initial combat,which should have become a minor part of the whole show. After all,we're talking about armies like the Romans and the Greeks,who have conquered the world by their greatness,and sure this greatness is ww aught to bring out.
To do this,firt ourselves must be able to reach a lever of discipline and accuracy,I know. But it's a nice goal,I think.
Large numbers neede? Of cource it's glorious to have over 1000 combatants,but in REAL occasions we're told of incidents that the involved units were no more than some dozens.
Khairete
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Full blown combat or display only? - by Hodekin - 05-28-2008, 09:19 AM
combat how? - by richard - 05-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Re: combat how? - by Tarbicus - 05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Re: Full blown combat or display only? - by Giannis K. Hoplite - 05-30-2008, 04:39 PM