Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman and other dioramas
Great work Tiberius. I particularly like your attention to detail - for example, the layering of turf in the cross - section of the rampart on the Roman diorama. Great modelling integrity!
R. Cornelius hadrianus, Guvnor of Homunculum, the 15mm scale Colonia. Proof that size does not matter.

R. Neil Harrison
Quote:Great work Tiberius. I particularly like your attention to detail - for example, the layering of turf in the cross - section of the rampart on the Roman diorama. Great modelling integrity!
Thanks much. The layering is printed and structured cardboard, probably similiar to the one you use, except that I didn't make it by myself.
I guess your milecastle would look great on my diorama, if it was 1/72 scale. Smile

Quote:
M. Demetrius:37faz1jy Wrote:Wonderful work! Now, when exactly are you going to put together the entire Battle of Pharsalus, so we can see how that fight really went?
:lol: Confusedhock:

Don't we all wish we knew the real answer to your question. Pharsalus has been a long time interest of mine. Last year I pulled up the satellite view (Google Earth) of the genral area of where we think the battle took place and do I have some unanswered questions.
My diorama with approx. 180 mini's took me about half a year, so battle of Pharsalus with a conservative estimated number of 78.000 troops participating would take at least 200 years, so 2225 might be the year to show the results. Hope you can wait so long Wink . The diorama would be about the size of a football field! Anyway, would be cool. 8)
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
I don't know what ground scale you are using, but at one cm equaling 20 meters, Pharsalus can be put on a reasonable size playing area.

Big Grin
Gregory

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
Quote:I don't know what ground scale you are using, but at one cm equaling 20 meters, Pharsalus can be put on a reasonable size playing area.

Big Grin
The scale would be 1:2 LOL ... no, just kidding.

Actually I calculated this for 1:72 - which is the scale I basically use - but you're right that most of the diorama space was empty of troops. But if one dedicated individual - not me of course Wink
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice Roman dioramas from Cremerius-Modelle Uwe Bahr 20 6,119 10-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Caius Valens