Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tasmanian Tiger...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080520/ ... f4ae7.html
That is the best candidate for being the "crocotta" that is mentioned in our ancient sources as an exotic animal. It may have been brought to Rome by the same traders who brought cinamon from Indonesia, where the Tasmanian Tiger still used to live back then. (Personal theory.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Confusedhock:

Shades of Jurassic Park...?

:?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Shades of Jurassic Park...?

It would seem so! I'm not sure about their choice of a mouse as the DNA host though?!! I have visions of stripy mice with a savage set of teeth rampaging!
Wait, Adrian...they could use little cute white rabbit DNA! Yes!

If you go out in the woods, though, better take a Holy Hand Grenade.

8)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Holy Hand Grenade indeed. Confusedhock:

Better take along the Anti-Tank Rocket of Bethlehem for good measure.

Using mice to host "tiger" DNA... This is where the law of unintended consequences comes into play. Like the super collider in CERN possibly creating a mini Black Hole, nothing terrible will likely happen, then again... :?

If the CERN collider does succeed in creating a Black Hole that proceeds to gobble up the Earth I plan on sitting in my backyard with a wine cooler and watching the approach of absolute nothingness. -- It will be the perfect Zen moment, brief though it may be. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:
Quote:Shades of Jurassic Park...?

It would seem so! I'm not sure about their choice of a mouse as the DNA host though?!! I have visions of stripy mice with a savage set of teeth rampaging!

Then we'd have to cross Smilodon (saber tooth tiger) DNA with that of the common house cat, to create a breed of putty-tat tough enough to take them down. And then with Rottweilers to take down the Uber-cats. 50 years later we'd have to cross that DNA with ourselves to be able to fight off our own creations....

No seriously, I think it's a real triumph of human ingenuity that we can seriously contemplate doing this. 'Nuff said.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix