Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkasovo helmets at the Trier exhibition?
Excuse me if this has been discussed elsewhere...
Were the Late Roman Berkasovo helmets finally exhibited at the big Constantinian exhibition in Trier last year? :?
Thanks Big Grin

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hi Aytor,
....yes, actually two of them: Exhib. No.: I.12.18 and I.12.19
( pg. 150 of the exhibition's catalogue; both from the left; pg. 151 : I.12.19 from the front -- the lesser decorated one. Also depicted in the accompanying CD-ROM "Exbro" both of them from the left as wells from the front -- zoomable.)
Frankly, there have been so many helmets ( as I posted earler on, I'm not quite sure if I had a closer look at THEM)
If I can be of further service ... let me know....
Greez

Siggi K.
Siggi K.
Many thanks, Siggi Big Grin
I was about going there last year but I couldn't... I think that I would have travelled there just to see those helmets Sad
How expensive is that catalogue? :?

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hi Aitor,
....both parts around 60 € and a bit down for "Exhib discount".
I only bought part I with the catalogue.
Part II had the results of a colloqium abount the times of Constantine in it.
After thumbing through it I skipped it because at that time I thought it was less useful to me. (Everyday life. Archaeobotanics and the likes, as far as I can recall. More Info could be on the "Phillip von Zabern-Verlags"- website [url:83j3oie2]http://www.zabern.de/zabern/index.php[/url] ) Not to be forgotten also: Part I contains a CD-ROM(E) [what else 8) ?!] with sort of an extended catalogue. I found that useful.
Greez

Siggi K.
Siggi K.
Many thanks, Siggi, Big Grin

I'll think about it, 60 euro is not a trifle... :?

Aitor

Rolf Steiner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Roman Berkasova helmets to Trier in 2007 FlaviusCrispus 11 2,868 04-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Last Post: aitor iriarte