Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roma Surrectum
It's fascinating reading some of these threads - I discover stuff I never knew about RS, even after playing it for months. Is there such a thing as a manual or a post that goes through the rules? I am sure I am missing out on some fun by just being unaware of some aspects of the game.

For example, did I read that if I take over a city with, say, a greek academy that I should destroy it and build one of my own to improve overall effeciency? Does this apply to all buildings?

There have been references to legio names, VII Ferrata for example but I haven't seen these in the game.

Any advice as to where to look for clarity?
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Quote:It's fascinating reading some of these threads - I discover stuff I never knew about RS, even after playing it for months. Is there such a thing as a manual or a post that goes through the rules? I am sure I am missing out on some fun by just being unaware of some aspects of the game.

you should have a look at the official Forum for RTW in general and RS: http://www.twcenter.net/ ... there is plenty of info and somewhere manuals

For example, did I read that if I take over a city with, say, a greek academy that I should destroy it and build one of my own to improve overall effeciency? Does this apply to all buildings?

IIRC, most buildings have an effect ... there must be a list somewhere ... after capturing cities first thing I normally do is destroying foreign religious buildings and replacing them by my own ...this will have bad effects on town-people's morale in the short term, but is better in the long run ... btw, its a good idea to send a bunch of assassins to destroy these buildings before you attack and demolish them later, then they already lie in ruins

There have been references to legio names, VII Ferrata for example but I haven't seen these in the game.

you probably already know, but the legions in question can only be raised after Marius and in special AOR (Areas of recruitment) ... the VIIth (FER) for example only in Cannae, Carthage, Petra (other?)...additionally you have to upgrade to town barracks, provincial barracks won't be sufficient IIRC

Any advice as to where to look for clarity?

just look at the link provided 8) ... there's even an RTW-Wiki

Quintus
AKA Guido Aston
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Thanks for this Tiberius. After some searching about I have a lot of what I was looking for.
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
I'm on the dev team, and I learn new stuff about RS and the game engine, what it can and can't do, and how to get CTD's every day!
Cpl David Graham

Member of the Roma Surrectum mod team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roma Surrectum II - Coming soon! LvpvsRomanvs 12 4,618 09-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Last Post: tone
  Roma Surrectum aquilifer 22 8,813 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Mythos_Ruler
  I cannot download Roma Surrectum Latinitas 8 6,673 01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar