Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roma Surrectum
Just found out about this, pretty late I must add... Im currently at 50% download. I have turned the auto-save to false. Anything else I need to do before I install it? And how do I go about installing it? Help please!!! :?
Paul Zatarain
[size=100:m472q49a]Leg IX Hispana CENT I HIB[/size]

http://www.reenactor.net/duplisite/

"What man is a man who does not strive to make the world a better place"
Well i just managed after several attempts......
not sure if i can help you much though,

I just downloaded it into a clean folder of RTW with the 1.5mod
seems to be working.....keep the faith, it is pretty great!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
This is definately the best version yet! Laudes to who ever developed it!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yeah, Roma Surrectum is really great. Awesome mod. 8)
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
A few bugs I am noticing though.

1. - Despite building armouries and founderies, only one town will upgrade armour, and only to the bronze level.

2. - Despite taking on the Gauls of northern Italy and the free peple of Illiricum, they are always described as 'blue painted, barking mad Britions'.

3. - Does each town not raise different Legions once you bulid Army Bases?

Other wise, great fun!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ave Caesar, ;-) )

1. I think they did this deliberately ... some people weren't satisfied with the RTW armour upgrading system ... actually I heard his about EB, where a similiar situation exists, but who knows :roll:

2. yeah, that seems to be a bug ... they putting all their effort in RS 2.0 now, I guess

3. not all towns can raise legions altogether, mostly you can raise only auxillia no matter what buildings you construct. additionally the nasty thing is, that you can replenish your legions/auxillia only in the corresponding AOR. So for example in all NW-Africa only the XV Primigenia and VI Ferrata can be raised and replenished in Carthage.

anyway, its really fun Big Grin
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
My poor troops spend a lot of time marching around Italy after every battle! :roll: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Just take a few cohorts extra on campaign. :wink:

And indeed, you can only upgrade your troops' armour in regions where there is an iron resource. I'm not sure, but they might take it out for RS2.
Valete,
LEG XI CPF

MA in History
Ahhhh, ok...After I spent a fortune on bulding founderies every time the optioncomes up :lol: :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I occassionally get units stuck against walls or in woods. I had a Macedonian unit trapped in the corner of the battlefield on their way out. They turned into a heap and then individuals kept shooting into the air - a stunning acrobatic show. A few alea of equites soon sorted them out and finally a mere handful fled over the line!!

RS is brilliant. I have been playing it for about five months. Progress is slow but the game is very rewarding. It's very few faults are quite forgiveable.

Quintus
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Apologies - before the world descends upon me, sorry I didn't give my name.
Quintus
Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Wow, you let them get away? Confusedhock:
just kidding...

it is great, and now that I know it is just part f the game play, I can live wit hthe limited armoury locations..just wish I had know before, could have spent more wisely...
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I know you only get a part of it, but you can destroy them... also in every city you conquer. Stupid AI builds them anyway, even if they aren't useful. :roll: (Sorry, just realised you also build them anyway... :lol: )
Valete,
LEG XI CPF

MA in History
I experienced once some nasty bug that resulted in a vanishing army (IIRC my XXth legion) on the campaign map in Germanias wilderness. One turn it was there, the next it was gone without a trace :evil: :o ?
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Sure it wasn't the XIXth legion? :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roma Surrectum II - Coming soon! LvpvsRomanvs 12 4,615 09-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Last Post: tone
  Roma Surrectum aquilifer 22 8,813 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Mythos_Ruler
  I cannot download Roma Surrectum Latinitas 8 6,673 01-31-2008, 06:16 PM