Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helmets
Have you folks seen these?<br>
www.royalathena.com/pages/newacqcat.htm <p></p><i></i>
I think several helmets and other objects come from the Guttmann collection that went up for sale at Christies London about 6 weeks ago.<br>
<br>
Hans <p></p><i></i>
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Yup, I certainly recognise some old friends there. Quite a mark up! Incidently, the Guttman gladius is in safe hands. The museum that acquired it will be making a publicity statement some time in the next few weeks.<br>
<br>
Celer. <p></p><i></i>
Celer,<br>
Do you know something on the whereabouts of the late 'Intercisa' helmet?<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
The intercisa helmet was lot 163 and dosen't appear on the items sold list. So chances are that its still in posession of the Guttman Estate. <p></p><i></i>
I understand it is still with the department. If anyone is intersted they are still open to offers for an 'after-sale'.<br>
<br>
Celer. <p></p><i></i>
If I were richman, doobie, doobie, doobie, doobie,...<br>
In how much would they agree to sell the helmet alone?<br>
(Just curiosity)<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
You'd have to make an offer to the owner through the department, called an after-sale. The owner then considers it and lets you know. How much? Depends on how deperate they are to get rid of it! Good luck to anyone trying.<br>
<br>
Celer. <p></p><i></i>
Mmmh, I'm surely more desperate that the owners could ever be...<br>
Any chance of having some more pics of the item?<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>

Rolf Steiner