Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New World
Only just spotted this OT section. I have skimmed a lot of the threads particularly the Iraq War ones.<br>
<br>
My 2 Cents are that 911 and Bali were watershed events transcending conventional morality and traditional alliances.<br>
<br>
Our countries (I am Australian, ex British) have been hit hard. We have responded properly both in Afghanistan and Iraq and have the political will to carry the process through to a conclusion.<br>
<br>
It is the English-speaking democracies, as so often before, who will carry the load, but we will ensure the future of our kids in this dangerous world.<br>
<br>
I see it as a war of the haves versus the have-nots, the poor versus the rich, the North versus the South. There is no right or wrong, just expediency and pragmatism.<br>
<br>
This is a time when a window of opportunity opens, if only briefly, to fix the future for the next two centuries for our kids. I believe that Bush, Blair, and Howard know the score and will do everything necessary. This means Iran, Syria, North Korea, not necessarily in that order. The time will not come again.<br>
<br>
OK that sounds pretty far-out, but as someone who has experienced nothing but wars and threats of wars all my life I want something better for my grandkids.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>