Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X
Edited

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
WHAT IS FORUM RULE NUMBER 5?

H.J.Vrielink.
I understand this has something to do with "No advertising of unprovenanced archaeological/cultural goods for sale" - but I'm at a loss what it all means.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Ah thank you Jona!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
:?: :?:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
It means that unless an object can be proven to have been legally collected, it cannot be posted about on RAT. Looting of archaeological sites is a worldwide problem, and although as long as there are buyers out there it will continue, RAT has chosen to take the stance of denouncing such actions and disallowing discussion of such stolen objects.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:It means that unless an object can be proven to have been legally collected, it cannot be posted about on RAT. Looting of archaeological sites is a worldwide problem, and although as long as there are buyers out there it will continue, RAT has chosen to take the stance of denouncing such actions and disallowing discussion of such stolen objects.

What? So I am prohibited from talking about artefacts and objects that have been looted and stolen? Or only from selling or buying them (not that I have any)?
Well we can't prohibit you from buying something- that's entirely up to you and your local laws Big Grin But yes, if an object that is for sale cannot be demonstrated to have been legally collected, it cannot be posted about on RAT.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Oh, alright. No I wasn't talking abour purchasing, I thought RAT prohibited any kind of discussion on the objects themselves, not the reference of sales and such.
Edited

H.J.Vrielink.
I still don't understand. Are we banned outright from discussing and debating these ''stolen'' items or only from discussing sales, auctions and stuff like that relating to these items? (and not the items themselves?)
[Here's the posting as is allowable by the rules- M]

[Image: romanring.jpg]

Roman empire.Dating 1st.-4th. century A.D. Silver ring with red carnelian intaglio. On the intaglio is depicted a legionary eagle looking back ,between standards.

question: is this a feasible depiction of Signae?

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
The rules are not open for discussion- you are required to follow them as you agreed to when you signed up. The rule prohibits linking or stating that an item without legal acquisition provenance is for sale- you can post images directly and discuss the piece as you wish but not any details of the sale, its source, etc.
Quote:The rules are not open for discussion- you are required to follow them as you agreed to when you signed up. The rule prohibits linking or stating that an item without legal acquisition provenance is for sale- you can post images directly and discuss the piece as you wish but not any details of the sale, its source, etc.

I see. Well that is better. The former would have been a ridiculous rule.
without legal acquisition provenance

and who decides on that?

explain please!

(thanx for editing my posting)

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.