Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typically German?
Quote:I think it's jolly healthy when one can laugh at oneself what!what!what! :wink:

:lol:
By George it is jolly super to see decent folk here, one tires of these scallywags. Tea and crumpets on the lawn Ms Memmia? And a spot of croquet? What! Tally ho!

This sums up all Scots nicely right? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-fE7RKDJ2k Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:This sums up all Scots nicely right?
Well, there's another summing up of Scottishness: the poet Ewan McTeagle.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:
Decius:1uiv7x24 Wrote::lol:

i like it. as I don't feel as a german (more like a weltenbürger with bavarian background) I have no problems with jokes about germans...I mean, they're a perfect target :wink:

the funny thing about is that almost invariably in the world rural Bavarian-style clothing/dialect is understood or at least often portrayed as typically German in general.

mmh, I agree in certain parts. clothing - japp. mountains - japp. kuckucksuhr - schwarzwald. dialect - mmh, no. mostly germans are portrayed speaking rather a prussian german, yelled like in the military...
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner
Quote:
Libitina:p6zrawzi Wrote:This sums up all Scots nicely right?
Well, there's another summing up of Scottishness: the poet Ewan McTeagle.

summing up the scottishness is for me the scene in the simpsons where willy returns to his parents house. they don't say anything except "AY."
It's no different than any other country being made fun of by stereotypes. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

Legion: TBD
Quote:It's no different than any other country being made fun of by stereotypes. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

I certainly wouldn't laugh at you Mr Predator Confusedhock:

Quote:summing up the scottishness is for me the scene in the simpsons where willy returns to his parents house. they don't say anything except "AY."

:lol: My Dad is Scottish and don't think I've ever heard him say "ay". I'll have to pay more attention!

EDIT: No. He does say it actually! Normally with distain when he thinks I've said something silly :roll: [size=75:eiwfmz2s](so most of the time)[/size]
Kat x

Aye, you'd better lassie! Or you'll be in deep trouble, ye ken!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Aye, you'd better lassie! Or you'll be in deep trouble, ye ken!

Yeah I might get some haggis and square sausage thrown at me Confusedhock:
Kat x

Or haggis an' neeps! Or a pork pie! or some chips, really greasy chips....
Or a deep fried Mars bar! or pizza(again, deep fried) ble-ack..... Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Or haggis an' neeps! Or a pork pie! or some chips, really greasy chips....
Or a deep fried Mars bar! or pizza(again, deep fried) ble-ack..... Confusedhock:

Sounds like you've met my dad :lol:
Kat x

:lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Magnus:28c2acvh Wrote:It's no different than any other country being made fun of by stereotypes. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at?

I certainly wouldn't laugh at you Mr Predator Confusedhock:

Quote:summing up the scottishness is for me the scene in the simpsons where willy returns to his parents house. they don't say anything except "AY."

:lol: My Dad is Scottish and don't think I've ever heard him say "ay". I'll have to pay more attention!

EDIT: No. He does say it actually! Normally with distain when he thinks I've said something silly :roll: [size=75:28c2acvh](so most of the time)[/size]

wonderful! Big Grin

does he have red hair and a full beard? is he wearing his kilt at special occasions?
Quote:wonderful! Big Grin

Quote:does he have red hair

Yes

Quote:and a full beard?

Once when he hurt his arm and couldn't shave. I was traumatised.

Quote: is he wearing his kilt at special occasions?

Yeah, his second marriage :roll: Not overly sure about men in skirts (Romans aside, that's uber-manly)... definitely not sure about overweight 50+ balding men in them :lol:
Kat x

OMG I'm Willie's love child!
Kat x

Ay!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: townwilliekiltat8.gif]
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]