Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome
Quote:you could also paint your legion's shield pattern on a leopard II panzer, that would be even more accurate :wink:

I don't think I can import a Leopard II. I might be able to get a Leopard I-A4 from the Canadians, but wouldn't that more accurate for a Republican Era impression? Perhaps I could modify an M1A1. At least the gun is the same. :lol:
Seriously, if I knew of any evidence that the Roman Army used drums or other percussion instruments I would have already built one of every known type to go along with my horn collection. (six horns at last count) The only evidence outside of Hollywoood, where historical accuracy is nearly a religion, of Roman use of drums is their use by women in religious rites (Dionysian sp? IIRC). They used a type of frame drum similar to a Bohdran or large tambourine. I'm not familliar with the operation of galleys, but I think the image of a sweaty fat guy in a leather speedo thumping on a kettledrum (aside from ruining one's appetite) is another of those anachroninsms that would be impossible to kill.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Messages In This Thread
Romans in Rome - by Paullus Scipio - 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Re: BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome - by P. Clodius Secundus - 04-20-2008, 11:53 PM