Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC Photos : Romans marching in the streets of Rome
The lady in the pic had just been grappling with a retiarius, that's why her legs were wrapped in fishnet :roll: . :wink:

P.S. Great pics, well done!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
They're walking among ruins from a Late Roman city, but apparently there was not one Late Roman present in that line-up! :x
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
There were a few third Century guys Robert, but no fourth!
And here on Euronews.... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xQP0DI5QXNA

Sadly, no fishnets...
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Rome was crawling with beauties......definately worth the sore feet!
I did it all again the nextday too.....not quite as hard the second time for some reason...... :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi,
I was there too with Legio XIIII GMV from Lublin in Poland (1 centurio, 1 vexilifer, 6 legionaries, 2 axiliares nad some civilians) as an auxiliary man from the 2nd half of the 2nd century:
travel.webshots.com/photo/2995075200101532402uzysKP
It was the great feeling marching in the streets of Rome. However it is a pity that I have not met anyone known from RAT, because we were in a still rush and even could not stand for a lunch on Circus Maximus.
Our friend Dracus displayed some pictures from our trip here:
[url:3ewshxdr]http://community.webshots.com/album/563181405LmEjlP[/url]
SALUTO,
ANDREAS GOBINIUS

"ANTIQUITAS" OFFICINA ARTIS CRETARIAE

http://www.antiquitas.pl
[Image: ANTIQUITAS_logo_smaller.jpg]
Hello Andreas, it was good to meet you, even if you were in a rush and on the end of the table! I did not realise you were in that group, it was a good day tho!

And was good to meet yourself Sulla, every thing was over too fast I think, what a day!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:And was good to meet yourself Sulla, every thing was over too fast I think, what a day!

It was a pleasure to meet you too Magivs. I agree it was over too quickly, and I missed meeting a number of RATers Sad D
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
It was certainly a day for putting faces to names and finally meeting web friends in person! I managed to finally meet Jef and his brother! A shame that I missed getting to meet Andreas and Patrik though!
I was able to meet them the day before, but somehow totally missed them on the parade, but saw one other of their group .......

At least the rain hald of until the next night, you should have seen that come down, the Via Cilicia was like a river for awhile.....

Did you have any trouble getting your kit back to UAE...? I imagine you attracted as much if not more attention than my canteen did?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Did you have any trouble getting your kit back to UAE...? I imagine you attracted as much if not more attention than my canteen did?

Yep - had to completely unpack the bag item by item, and then explain item by item. Several hundred people in the queue behind me were not too impressed :?

I thought your canteen was ceramic? But maybe I am getting that confused with several hundred others I saw of all shapes and types!
Sulla Felix

AKA Barry Coomber

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
Well,
Sorry Byron. I really did not know that you sit in the same restaurant with Italian friends. They told me only, that there were some members of Legio XIIII GMV. Unfortunately I had some pottery in the camp including laterns and lamps you wanted :oops: ... They came back to Poland of course, because I was showing them only...
Best
Andreas
SALUTO,
ANDREAS GOBINIUS

I have heard only from my legionary friends that they met Marcus Mummius... in the restaurant on the camp...
SALUTO,
ANDREAS GOBINIUS

Seems there was a lot of confusion that day, and the night before....ah well, another time! 8)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:The horn collection and Corncien impression is just one of those blurring of the lines things that happens to use serial (multiple era) reenactors. I was a bugler with an ACW regiment so when I started going Roman as well I had to check out what they had. I couldn't afford to buy them along with all the other kit I needed so I made a tuba and cornu. Once I had the money I bought the rest. Along the way I've acquired quite a collection of offbeat, at least the way I play them, musical instruments. I have a couple of English post and hunting horns around here somewhere. Just cheap repros I'm affraid. One of my favorites is a German Prince-of-Pless horn. It's a tightly coiled horn that fits in a pocket but plays like a full sized bugle. Raise a pint for me there please!

I used to play a tenorhorn for almost 11 years Big Grin
MARCVS DECIVS / Matthias Wagner