Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US LEGIONS TRAVEL TO BULGARIA IN JUNE
I have to agree with the gentleman from Legio X. You can put up with alot of things. Sometimes events don't run the way they are supposed to, people don't do their jobs or get confused,e tc. I could handle and have handled that sort of situation before. But, it seems to me that the Italian Legion new that there was a problem several weeks ago. I would have preferred for someone to tell me the situation and come clean rather than trying to cover things up.

I hope we have all learned a lesson from this fiasco and hope that we can all communicate better, with more honesty and integrity for future events. The excuse that Andrea's wife was/is ill, in my opinion, is just another ploy, to hide the real truth of the situation.
Julia Cassia
aka Julie Brooks
La Wren\'s Nest
If Andrea really had a family emergency shouldn't someone have been ready to step in and take over?
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
@ A.S. Pertinax:
Allright, if you have feeled that they are lying to you, I understand your anger. You are definitely right that there was not the best communication, I myself do not know up to now, who was really responsible neither for the program nor for the accomodations. Language problems aside. I just made my way on my own through the event. But now I understand better, why you decided to leave.

@ the Andrea trouble: I agree with richsc that it cannot be that one person falls out, weeks ago, and no one else takes his place. So this is no excuse.

greeting,

Stefan
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
Since no explanation seems to be forthcoming, Andrea Cologni is as of now banned from RAT.
If he wants to profer an explanation, he can always reach the board administraton through admin *AT* romanarmy.com. We will then post the explanation for all RAT members and, depending on that explanation, reconsider his ban. In any such reconsideration we will take into account the feelings of RAT members who were directly involved in this matter.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'm sorry that something that looked so promising turned into such a sad cautionary tale. The irony is that, if he had arranged things properly, something like this could probably have worked, and worked well -- and made money, too.

I hope someone else steps in to fill that gap. I'd also like to see something near that scale here in the USA -- though unfortunately we don't have any real Roman sites.
Wayne Anderson/ Wander
Well, we don't have any Roman sites but we do have a big Roman event coming up Charlotte, NC in conjunction with the traveling Pompeii exhibit. The Pompeii Exhibit is at Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC right now until the end of the year. There will be a Roman Living History Encampment and Festival Sept. 5 to 7. Rusty Meyers from Legio VI in SC is organizing this event. If you have any questions, I'm sure he would be happy to answer. Rusty organized a similar Roman Festival with this same exhibit in Mobile, AL last year. It went super well for both the museum and the Romans attending. If anyone can make it, this is the event to go to this year.
Julia Cassia
aka Julie Brooks
La Wren\'s Nest
The website is www.castraromana-pompeii.com

Has all the details, and there is an invite here on the events page somewhere...

Rusty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman festival June 17th-18th June Musivarius 0 1,363 06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Musivarius