Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US LEGIONS TRAVEL TO BULGARIA IN JUNE
FOR FIRST TIME 2 LEGIONS FROM USA FLIGHT IN BULGARIA NEXT JUNE (from 26th to 30th) TO JOIN AT FIRST ROMAN EUROPEAN FESTIVAL IN NOVAE (today SVISHTOV).

The LEGIO VI VICTRIX and LEGIO XX VALERIA VICTRIX ENJOY THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT AND FIGHTING TO DEFEND THE "LIMES" AGAIN THE DACIAN AND BARBARIANS.

PLS TAKE A LOOK - WWW.LEGIO-I-ITALICA.IT/NOVAE/ and
http://www.visitsvishtov.com/
All european groups are in Marle, so they need american one? Must be a expensive event. But very cool the Americans can come home Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
In Svishtov there are more than 20groups of 12 country of Europe and DON'T NEED but WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE AMERICAN LEGIONS AS FRATRES......

Marles is NOT only Roman Festival and don't have a real CASTRUM as in Novae... and don't forget we are the media coverage of 5 TV broadcasting
Hi Cologni,

Please add your real name to your signature (profile), it's a forum rule.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Cologni:
you mean this June?
at least the page you are referring to claims that
Valete,

József Janák
Miles Gregarius
Legio I Adiutrix
Pannoniciani Seniores
Brigetio, Pannonia
Yes the USA Legions will be with the european groups in Novae this June 2008.
LEGIO I AUDITRIX will be one of this Group.

and the Dacian waiting us.....

Battles, victory, "sempiterna gloria"... and Thracian wine wait us
Ah, that will be a great event - I'm jealous of your sponsors!!! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:FOR FIRST TIME 2 LEGIONS FROM USA FLIGHT IN BULGARIA NEXT JUNE (from 26th to 30th) TO JOIN AT FIRST ROMAN EUROPEAN FESTIVAL IN NOVAE (today SVISHTOV).

Multas Gratias to the organizers of this event for their invitation to visit the Danube frontier! Legio VI Victrix (CA) will be sending a substantial contingent and we look forward to communing with our fraters from all over Europe (as well as my old outfit, the U.S. Legio XX)! Our Emperor Hadrianus, Tony Martos, will be among those attending. This will be the first trip to Europa for many of us (and to Moesia for most of us) and we are hugely excited by the prospect of serving in a real Roman castra on the Danuvius!
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
It's a honour for us to have the fratres of USA join with us... Pls let me know asap the list of You that can coming. I need this before 15th may.
Ave atque vale
Salve Colgni!

Do I see it right that you are one of the organizers of the event? Me and two of my fellowmen will be there, too, under the flag of the Ask-Alamannen. Do you know if the organizers can provide some wood (young tree shafts) for tentpoles? We send a small container with our gear, but it is too short for long poles. Who can I ask in Shvishtov? Is there wild nature nearby, where we can cut some poles?

Vale,

Ulfwin
Ulfwin, the Hunno
(Stefan Deuble)
My Friend

pls tell me abt the size and quantity that You need and i will provide for this.

For any question pls You can refer at:
[email protected]or to me directly

[email protected]
I would like invite all the friends to take a look at this docu-movie from Bulgarian TV (with traslation in englisch) abt Svishtov, Novae and the Festival
http://programata.bnt.bg/node_103/node_ ... 25/18_2008
Thanks for that link Andrea!

The Roman images of the fort are between aboout 6 to 10 minutes into the documentary.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:
Quote:Multas Gratias to the organizers of this event for their invitation to visit the Danube frontier! Legio VI Victrix (CA) will be sending a substantial contingent and we look forward to communing with our fraters from all over Europe (as well as my old outfit, the U.S. Legio XX)! Our Emperor Hadrianus, Tony Martos, will be among those attending.

My husband, (our emperor) and I are members of the Legio VI contingent, and we are very honored and excited to be invited to this amazing event. To us, this is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence, and we are very much looking forward to joining our European fraters AND our sorers (poking Flavius for forgetting about the womenfolk..yet again :roll: )

Is it June yet?
Aelia Domita Paulina
aka La Martos
Praetor, Legio VI VPF
CA, USA[/url]
We are very excited! We've spoken to the folks in Bulgaria and will be able to go to the festival as Roman traders.

We have been asked what extra weight we may be carrying. We are only planning on bringing ourselves, a few small accessories, and garb. If there are any reenactors that may have been wanting something and don't wish to deal with customs, taxes, etc. please let us know and we will do our best to bring them with us. But let us know very soon.

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Julia Cassia
aka Julie Brooks
La Wren\'s Nest

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman festival June 17th-18th June Musivarius 0 1,363 06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Musivarius