Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden Users & Guests?
Hidden users, guests? What is the deal with this feature?
Who are these odd invisible lurkers? CIA, MI6 KGB?

Anyone know? :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I'm pretty sure many people here, as I do, have RAT bookmarked and the site is open on one of the browsertabs, but aren't logged in actually.

... as to the hidden ones :? ... dunno, may be a Mod in stealth-modus ;-) )
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
I know... :twisted:

Guests: anyone who is on the site but not logged in. We have hundreds of lurkers visiting the site every day -> we have about 400 active users (visited the site once a month or more), but over 1,500 unique visitors/day!

Hidden users: some people don't like to be seen logged in on the forum. I suppose a moderator could operate that way, yeah, but afaik none of them do so.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
So basically, if I log on, then my session times out, I become a guest?

So who could the hidden lurkers, I mean 'user' be then? Some very dodgy people out there I fear? :roll: Confusedhock: :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:So basically, if I log on, then my session times out, I become a guest?

So who could the hidden lurkers, I mean 'user' be then? Some very dodgy people out there I fear? :roll: Confusedhock: :?

Hey I lurked before joining and I'm not dodgy Big Grin

Lurkers I embrace you *waves* Register and come to the darkside Tongue
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:Hey I lurked before joining and I didnt used to be dodgy Big Grin
Ya, past tense works alot better now for your next sentence...

Quote:Lurkers I embrace you *waves* Register and come to the darkside Tongue
Nope thats not dodgy at all LOL, seems along the lines of "Come with me lil kiddies and if you join I'll give you some candy."
Tongue Just messing of course
Jonathan Nikitas

"Et tu Brute?"

Quote:
Libitina:2q8h9om2 Wrote:Lurkers I embrace you *waves* Register and come to the darkside Tongue
Nope thats not dodgy at all LOL, seems along the lines of "Come with me lil kiddies and if you join I'll give you some candy."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tongue
Manuel Peters
Quote:
Libitina:27rcjfod Wrote:Hey I lurked before joining and I didnt used to be dodgy Big Grin

[Image: cry.gif]

I think judging by previous threads it would have to be "come with me and I'll give you beer" Big Grin
Kat x

Mmmmmmhhhh...... Beeeeeeeer..... [Image: booze.gif]
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
you can select this option in your profile settings under privacy.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:
Historylover:1ivgumnq Wrote:
Libitina:1ivgumnq Wrote:Hey I lurked before joining and I didnt used to be dodgy Big Grin

[Image: cry.gif]

I think judging by previous threads it would have to be "come with me and I'll give you beer" Big Grin

Durn that fire water, gets me every time, where do I sign up? You say you want it in blood? Hmm...SURE! Wheres the drinks? All the best, Jon
Jonathan Nikitas

"Et tu Brute?"

Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:23b77kla Wrote:So basically, if I log on, then my session times out, I become a guest?

Yeah, I'll let you off there Libi because you're kinda hot. Sorta. In a weird way! Tongue lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I suppose a moderator could operate that way, yeah, but afaik none of them do so.

Maybe I lurk all day long, to give naughty users the idea no mod is present.. Then after dinner I log in and pounce! Meee-ow! :twisted: Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
Jasper Oorthuys:1clocyz4 Wrote:I suppose a moderator could operate that way, yeah, but afaik none of them do so.

Maybe I lurk all day long, to give naughty users the idea no mod is present.. Then after dinner I log in and pounce! Meee-ow! :twisted: Big Grin

Outch! Big Moderator is watching you.. :roll: :twisted: 8) :lol:
Manuel Peters
Quote:
Libitina:3ar50h88 Wrote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:3ar50h88 Wrote:So basically, if I log on, then my session times out, I become a guest?

Yeah, I'll let you off there Libi because you're kinda hot. Sorta. In a weird way! Tongue lol:

Most women might be slightly offended by that but I'll take any kind of hot - weird or otherwise :lol: :lol:

Quote:Maybe I lurk all day long, to give naughty users the idea no mod is present.. Then after dinner I log in and pounce! Meee-ow!

Ooo creepy Confusedhock: lol
Kat x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Users online Robert Vermaat 5 1,857 07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: PhilusEstilius
  13 Guests and no users..... Arthes 4 1,663 11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis