Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De Gouden Helm uit de Peel, Feiten en Visies
I am trying to purchase the following book:
De Gouden Helm uit de Peel, Feiten en Visies by Jos H. Pouls en Herman Crompvoets (ed)

I have visited the webpage that offers the book (Medelo) where it is stated that it can be bought online. Unfortunately I cannot find any indication how to do this; neither does e-mailing seem to have any effect.

Advice or help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Martijn
I can't find where they stated you could buy it online. I only see the following:

Quote: Hieronder volgt een overzicht van de publicaties, die verkrijgbaar zijn tijdens de openingstijden van Truijenhof of bij kantoorboekhandel Coolen-Pluym aan de Dorpsstraat. Indien uitverkocht, dan is dit vermeld.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,

I have noticed this as well; unfortunately I do not live in the area. The website mentions that books can be ordered online, but does not say how.

Thank you for checking though.

Best wishes,

Martijn
Maybe you could call that bookshop (I'm sure the phonenumber must be online somewhere) and ask for a postorder.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Good idea. I probably got a bit too used to modern technology :oops: .
Following the ISBN number's for this book.

90-76461-29-5 (isbn-10)
or
978-90-76461-29-8 (isbn-13)
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae
In the end Medelo contacted me through an e-mail just a few hours after my last post. Two days later I have received the book which is a nice hard cover edition, good quality of paper and has some nice photographs (some colour) and drawings of the leather remains.

Although the book is composed of various papers, it almost reads like a novel trying to make sense of the context (which is archaeologically absent) of the finds. I can recommend it for anybody who reads Dutch and is interested in the Deurne artefacts.

Regards,

Martijn
I'm glad it's not sold out, which is what I feared. The quality is very good, especially of all the articles next to each other. You get the complete picture of the find itself - I think that's important in this case, because to the people of the village it clearly feels as if it happend yesterday.

But also the biology and a first good study of most leather fragments.

Mind you, I don't agree with Carol van Driel-Murray's final conclusions about the circumstances of the helmet going 'in the ground' - it sound unnecessary 'forced' to me, and some items are missing.
See also Aitor's and Maarten's remarks about that in their articles. But it's good thing that at least the myth of the 'drowned Roman' has been put to rest.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, unfortunately the 'conclusions' section must remain open and probably, it will remain so forever... Sad
It was really eerie for me to stand dressed in my Late uniform near the fidspot and to see unpublished leather fragments surfacing again after so many years. I hope that Martin will deal with them adequately 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner