Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good place for Ancient Warfare paintings?
Can anyone recommend some good sites that carry modern portrayals of Ancient Warfare? TIA and all the best, Jon
Jonathan Nikitas

"Et tu Brute?"

Try Johnny Shumate's portfolio:-

community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/johnny_shumates_portfolio/default.aspx

....you'll like those !
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
WOW...I love his style! Very realistic! Is he a member here? I see that he has done two covers of the magazine!! I would like to contact him and see if he minds me printing off some of his work to frame. All the best, Jon
Jonathan Nikitas

"Et tu Brute?"

He is indeed a prominent member here....and you can look him up in the member's list and P.M. him whenever you like.......I just love his work too... Smile D
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Thanks for the comments!
You can order prints here:
http://www.ancientsculpturegallery.com/
Let me know if you don't see one you have in mind. I can have the files sent to the gallery...
Thanks,
Johnny
Johnny Shumate
Sir thank you so much! You will definitely be getting orders from me in the future! Your artwork is just right up my alley, I love the realistic style with which you paint and the fact youve branched into WWII as well Big Grin luftwaffe-flakvierling. You will definitely be hearing from me! All the best, Jon
Jonathan Nikitas

"Et tu Brute?"

Historylover,
My pleasure!
Check from time to time on my portfolio site because I usually post something new every other week. The WW2 illustrations will be in a book due out this summmer.
Feel free to buy all you like :-D D ...!

Johnny
Johnny Shumate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient Warfare Magazine Ioannes 3 2,338 11-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Ancient Warfare sale! Praefectusclassis 1 1,459 10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: M.VAL.BRUTUS
  Ancient Warfare & others: today only 19% off Praefectusclassis 11 3,011 11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat