and also...

[Image: IMG_1593.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1612.jpg]

Salve!
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Awesome!

Where you got that feathers? They are really cool.

Can you explain me about the chain in the helmet? Havent seen those before. :o
Eduardo Camacho
Hola, José Miguel!

Los ha hecho Pastor?

Pastor have make them? Impresionante.
What bird do those feathers come from? My friend is aghast at their size. Smile

[Image: DSCN3421.jpg]
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
Black vultur (Aegypius monachus):

[Image: faunaamenazadam.jpg]
Yes, Cesar, it's made by J. M. Pastor. One of the helmets he made for us in the beginning of Ibercalafell.

We get the feather thanks to a friend from Aragon (near of celtiberian settlement of SEGEDA). I think he obteined it from a Vultur's corpse.They're really cool, about 60 cm.!

A "possible" link of chain appears sometimes related to these helmets, as you can see in the three-perspective photo, just a little bit before/up o here in detail...

[Image: DetalleCadenacopiar.jpg]
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
I tought vultures died on the mountains or other hard to reach places.

I will have to get one of those "gallotes" that appear near the garbage to get such a nice feathers.
Eduardo Camacho
wonderful helmet!

I'm looking for some feathers for my helmet, where can I get some ones like yours?? I have seen goose feathers (over 30 cm in lenght). Does somebody knows What would be the correct diameter and lenght for the holder tubes?

Thank you very much, any advice about it is welcome!
Javier Sánchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
Hi Javier!

I get theese feathers in Aragon. I guess you would be able to get them near some nest of vultures, there are a lot there always. Maybe you'll find one near Badajoz!

Remember it's a protected bird, don't clear it from alive vultures! Wink
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
You can use ciconia feather (cigueña). There are a lot of them at where you lives, and have a good feather too.

[Image: c3035.jpg]
Here is one of the helmets we did based on the references you guys provided in this thread (thanks a lot, guys!!!! Big Grin ). We've done the one with wings already and are going to do the one with horns as well. The horned one will go to Indibil, a hero in our game.
It looks great!!
Would you be so kind to post more photos of the iberian/celtiberian warriors?

What kind of sword does he use?

I don't remember if we send you some photos, but this kind of helmets are also allowed to the iberian people to the north of the Ebro river. This is a reproduction of the Can Miralles iron celtic helmet dated on to final 3rd cent. or beginning 2nd cent. BC.

[Image: DSC_0440.jpg]
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
Quote:It looks great!!
Would you be so kind to post more photos of the iberian/celtiberian warriors?

What kind of sword does he use?

I don't remember if we send you some photos, but this kind of helmets are also allowed to the iberian people to the north of the Ebro river. This is a reproduction of the Can Miralles iron celtic helmet dated on to final 3rd cent. or beginning 2nd cent. BC.

[Image: DSC_0440.jpg]

That's a cool helmet too. Looks like it has some Celtic influences.

Here's a shot of our Iberian warriors...

[Image: iberianwarriorsys5.th.jpg]

I'm not happy with the horse models and textures, so those will be redone. Smile The three heroes are at center bottom. The horn helmet which is being worked on right now by our helmet guy will go on Indibil, who is on the horse.
Hei!! They look great!

You've designed Turdetanian, Edetanian and Ilergete Iberian warriors and Celtiberian warriors too. Although, there is no archaeological evidence of Iberian Scamata, it's clearly recognizable as Iberians. Thanks for do it. Generally, in this kind of games no one remember them.

Congratulations.

You're right, this kind of Iberian iron helmets are strongly influenced by La Tene culture, like many other Iberian weaponry, traditions, costumes to the north of the Ebro river.

Best Regards
José Miguel Gallego
www.artifexcrpa.com

DELENDA EST ROMA
I'm glad you like them! I'll be showing the horned helmet as soon as it's modeled and texture mapped.

Any other suggestions or comments about the look of the units? More reference photos would be great if you have any. Any ideas on new shield designs would be good too.

(Check this out: <!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?p=229675#p229675">viewtopic.php?p=229675#p229675<!-- l )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iberian \"Sinew\" Helmets and Lliria Vase Armour oudysseos 16 6,992 12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Last Post: richard robinson