Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooding in south central US
I've learned about all the flooding in Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, Texas, Arkansas, and other areas. Just wanted to check in with RAT members who might live in those areas and make sure they and their people are OK. Having been through floods before I know it's no joke.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Wes lives in O'Fallon MO, I've emailed him, but no answer yet. He's a policeman, so he's probably pretty busy.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Ofallon+MO/ Add an ' in between O and Fallon
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Well, lets hope he's ok and doing fine. :?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Talked to him on the phone, and he said his house is high and dry, but a good portion of the area he normally patrols is presently under water. Sounds like no fun for a lot of people, if you ask me. Sad
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Good to hear he's alright. And yeah, flooding is no fun for sure. Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hope everyone is OK !

You're right, Byron, it is no fun
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Thanks for the thoughts guys! We are OK.....the water has receded for the most part, now the muddy clean up stuff starts. Spent the better part of my shift Tuesday night moving barricades and telling wonderfully smart drivers why they cant drive through the water....duh.

At least it wasnt like the floods of 93....now that was fun!

Wes
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Sure they can drive through the water...if they want their engine blocks cracked Smile

Glad to hear you're OK, Wes.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Quote:Glad to hear you're OK, Wes.

Indeed good to hear!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Sure they can drive through the water...if they want their engine blocks cracked
Down here in Texas, we have many creeks that are only full when it rains substatially upstream. Consequently, the bridges are pretty low, and water often flows over the bridge in what we call "flash floods". People have the idea that they can drive over that water flowing, without harm, but once the gazillion tons of water start hitting the bottom of the doors, the cars get swept off the bridges, into deeper water, and the passengers and driver frequently drown.

Like one safety officer said, "when the sign says, 'High water: bridge closed', that's what it means." Somehow people think it only happens to someone else. Bad thinking.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barcelona flooding Robert Vermaat 6 1,563 10-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Last Post: FAVENTIANVS