Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety
The Evidence!!! Big Grin D D
Quote:as I am sure the effectiveness is reducedwhen you attack the shielded sides of enemies
I experimented with the RTW battle editor and let two slinger units (one from left and one from right) attack a blocked greek phalanx unit on a bridge. I did three times the same battle and found that almost exactly 33% less troops were killed, when the shielded side was attacked. - So positioning your missile/slinger-troops on your left flank should be a good idea.

Quote:Has anyone else found that light infantry/velites are a good defense against chariots? Not the missile chariots, the wicked ones that devastate infantry. Like the British and Egyptians. Ick. Cavalry doesn't do well at all against those. Suggestions?
When fighting armies, which have elephants or charriots I usually raise one or two phalanx mercenary units and place them in front to break the charge. As the velites are concerned its better to turn skirmish off, I think, and enable the "loose formation"-option. Many who will be mowed down at first, will stand up again shortly afterwards.
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rome Total War Tactics - The NON-cheese variety - by Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,283 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,927 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 91,828 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67